MCDeveloper
Hello,
I need to set a lumenvox vendor specific parameter on the AEP application entry.
The thing is that the parameter value must depend on an OD variable value. So, question is, is there a way to add a reference to an OD application variable on the ASR vendor specific parameters on the app entry in AEP?

I need something like this:

com.lumenvox.enable-sre-logging=$OD_VARIABLE$

where OD_VARIABLE is the orchestration designer variable.
thank you!
WilsonYu
Are you talking about using external properties? You should be able to use any project variable for the property value already.
MCDeveloper
thank you. And how would I reference the variable from the applications tab in the AEP?
WilsonYu
If you need to configure the variable on the EP side, you would need to use configurable variable in the application.
RajatVerma
Hello Wilson/MCDeveloper,
I have the similar requirement i.e. to pass the OD parameter (UCID) in vendor specific parameter for ASR input grammer.
Can you please tell me how you achieved this

• Here I am confused if I have to use external property or EP Congurable Parameter in OD

• If I use the EP configurable parameter, how will I assign UCID value in this parameter as OD doesn't allow to assign any value in this field?

• In AAEP page I can see the created configurable parameters (while clicking pencil sign for my specific application), but how can I refer this variable in vendor specific parameter in ASR speech parameters->Vendor parameters in EP Application page.

• Thanks,
    Rajat Verma
    WilsonYu
    External Properties and configurable variables are 2 different things. An external property used in the call flow will be generated as the <Property> element in the vxml that is to be interpreted by the voice browser. So if there is a supported vendor property you need to set, you would use this and set its name and value accordingly. Now, the value of this property can be configurable through the configurable variables. You can create a configurable variable in OD project variables editor, and associate the variable with the value of the external property you have created. The value of the configurable variable then can be administered through the EPM page (pencil icon).
    RajatVerma
    Hello Wilson,
    Thanks for explanation, I tried using the external property by assigning a local variable value(UCID) in that but it is not working as 3rd party ASR provider doesn't support that.

My requirement is to pass UCID value in vendor specific parameter in ASR request. I am able to pass fix value i.e. "abc" but not call related dynamic value

SET-PARAMS 3 MRCP/1.0
    speech-language: en-us
    speed-vs-accuracy: 50
    vendor-specific-parameters: applicationName=MPEB;swi.rec.logValue="ANII=9008477994|DNIS=223367"
  • Here applicationName=MPEB is passed based on configuration done by me. In application page on AAEP, under Speech Properties->ASR->Vendors Parameters I have defined this value. Attached screenshot for your easy reference.

• Here, can I define something as UCID=$OD_Var:var1, I tried using the configurable parameter also but problem is I can't assign any value in configurable parameter in OD flow i.e. UCID.

• Or can you think of any other possible way so that I can pass UCID in vendor specific parameter tag.

• Thanks,
    Rajat Verma
    • [Thumb - VendorSpecificParameter.png]
    [Disk] Download
    WilsonYu
    You have to refer to the EP documentation to see what vendor parameters are supported through VXML.
    RajatVerma
    Thanks for your inputs Wilson, I will look into AAEP docs to get more details.

If you come across any way to define the value using variable from OD in vendor specific parameter setting under ASR in AAEP application page, please let me know. Here I can define any field (with any custom name and its also received properly at ASR end) but with limitation that only fixed value can be assigned.
    KumudTripathi
    Avaya OD speech app - MRCPv2 - Gnani speechbot (ASR) - vendor specific parameters with custom values

This resolves the parent thread where requirement was to pass information from IVR application to the speechbot or ASR system which will extract the custom information for various call flow related purposes e.g. UCID, customer's preferred language etc.

below is the example the way with information is flowing through MRCP message to third party speech application

vendor-specific-parameters: swi.Avaya.Parameters="ANI%+919999795348|UCID%00006012981657798613|DNIS%588321021182|CIRCLE_ID%DEFAULT|LANG%DEFAULT"

• First of call configuration to be done at MPP level as directed in this link

• https://documentation.avaya.com/bundle/AvayaAuraExperiencePortallibrary_r723/page/Configuring_vendor_specific_parameters_.html

• Second important point directly comes to Avaya application which is going to communicate with third party speech bot application using MRCPv2 protocol

• IVR application can use external property from tool palette and has to define in below sequence the external property that it wants to send
  • as per attachment

I have used normal OD variable to assign customer string to it and then assign that variable to the vendor parameter
    • [Thumb - SWI_Params_using_ExternalProperty.JPG]
    [Disk] Download
    Go to:   
    Mobile view