MichaelNorman
Is it supported to pass markup text in order to change the language, voice, prosody, etc for given text? Breeze 3.4 and using Nuance.

For instance SSML--

final PlayItem playItem = MediaFactory.createPlayItem()

.setSource("<voice name="Samantha">Hello, this is Samantha.</voice>
<voice name="Tom">Hello, this is Tom.")

or Markup

<ESC>\voice=samantha\ Hello, this is Samantha.

<ESC>\voice=tom\ Hello, this is Tom.
RobertFavero
Hi,

No mark up of this type is supported through the Breeze API. In recent versions of the Breeze API, the language can be set at the PlayItem level to specify the language to be used for TTS. Other things you've mentioned cannot be set.

--Rob
MichaelNorman
Is there a reason this is not supported like it is in Voice Portal?
JoelEzell
Purely an investment decision. I was hoping a few releases back that we could get it implemented but the feature was not prioritized high enough. I will pass along to our product manager that you've requested this feature and we'll see what happens. Unfortunately, I wouldn't count on it happening...
Haynes
The Voice Browser Working Group has sought to develop standards to enable access to the Web using spoken interaction. The Speech Synthesis Markup Language Specification is one of these standards and is designed to provide a rich, XML-based markup language for assisting the generation of synthetic speech in Web and other applications mcdvoice customer survey
Go to:   
Mobile view