s.ragas
Hi,

is it possible to clear the MWI on any Station via AES SMS Webservice? Otherwise station could not be deleted.

If there is any way via SMGR Webservice this would also be possible.

Thanks in advance!

Stefan
JohnBiggs
short answer, no. SMS and the SMGR web services are to access PROVISIONED data. MWI is status data. You can query for its status via TSAPI/JTAPI/DMCC, however if I recall properly CM keeps separate MWI bits for various adjuncts that may have messages (CTI apps versus avaya messaging apps). While TSAPI has the ability to set and clear a MWI indicator, I dont believe that clears an Avaya messaging app's MWI indicator. Thus specific action needs taken on the Avaya messaging application to clear messages that may be waiting a station extension that you are trying to remove via SMS/SMGR web service. You could use the JTAPI or DMCC exerciser to prove I am right (or wrong!), and then perhaps have a path forward for dealing with this interaction. A DMCC application could be built to log into messaging application, navigate the IVR and delete the messages for an extension.
s.ragas
Thank you John for your quick and detailed reply!
We try to focus on the webservices without creating new dependencies. In this case building a whole DMCC application to clear MWI status maybe a bit overkill.
But we may give a POC a try.

BR,
Stefan
JohnBiggs
Yea the DMCC application path seems like a lot of work to accomplish what one would hope is simple... please make sure that clearing the MWI flag using TSAPI/JTAPI or DMCC doesn't do the trick for your need before you do a POC of that.
Go to:   
Mobile view