AdeelurrehmanFarooqui
Dear Experts,

Currently customer is using OneX Agent working all good and shows list of call activity code, which is bit difficult for users and users can also ignore this part somehow.

So, our question is where or how we can extract that list of defined codes systematically? And how can I send the same via our application?

As our core objective is to restrict user/agent to remain in ACW state till selection is not made from user friendly list for at least one code from our application which is using service provider, once code is selected and marked like OneX agent do, user will be free for not ready, next call or to make call.

Kindly suggest

Regards,
AD
JohnBiggs
I think you are asking, "how do you programatically get a list of the reason codes for an agent being in the after call work mode state?"

I don't know for certain (it has been a while since I worked with the web service), but I would assume you can through AE Services System Management Services web service.

Start by navigating to the web page for AE Services 8.0

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/releases/8_0/index.gsp

Then click Downloads
Then click Web Services

I am pretty sure that a list of supported models (think SAT forms) is provided in the SDK download.
AdeelurrehmanFarooqui
Okay I might be using wrong names, let me rephrase my question.

user receives some call on OneX Agent Application, accepts that call, have discussion with caller regrading 3 topic let’s say. one was mobile phone setting, roaming charges and call forwarding and call get completed.

Here completed means, now agent is in “Not Ready” AUX ACW “After Call work” mode and agent have to mark that calls with topic he has discussed with caller form the list this is maybe called work reason codes.

So at the end of day, report can be extracted via CMS.

Now, in OneX Agent, agents have choice to select work reason codes from list but they can skip this part as list is not that handy.

So , now we are making an app which will work in parallel with form OneX Agent application, user will login, logout, make and receive calls and from the new app within or after the call agent will select the discussion topic “work reason codes” which we need to send to CMS to achieve the reporting.

FYI we are comfortable with DMCC service provider, the only area we wish to find out is how can we send work reason codes? Which method will be used and how?

As alternate only, so many years back we saw at some place, users useto press keys from hard phones to log work reason code, what if we do the same via DMCC service Provider?

Kindly suggest
JohnBiggs
Starting with the TSAPI API for the time being,

in this document
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/7bd3b1d5-fefa-4be7-b4db-5fcf6c23c064

look at the Set Agent State service on page 403. The workMode and reasonCode are probably what you are referring to. A list of numeric values to strings should be available to the application through the mechanism I mentioned before. In my mind these identify the reason that the agent entered Aux work mode (after call work), but do not necessarily identify the type of call that was handled, in looking at the SAT form I see that each reason code indicates that it is interruptable, implying a state change from AuxWork/reason-code-1 to AuxWork/reason-code-2 would be allowed, perhaps if the system is configured for two digit reason codes some values may be used to represent call type and others to represent things like break, bathroom, capture-engagement-details, etc.

workMode [optional] Specifies the work mode for the agent as Auxiliary- Work
Mode (WM_AUX_WORK), After-Call-Work Mode (WM_AFT_CALL), Auto-In
Mode (WM_AUTO_IN), or Manual- In-Work Mode (WM_MANUAL_IN) based
on the agentMode service parameter as follows:
• AM_LOG_IN – The workMode private parameter specifies the initial
work mode for the ACD agent. Valid values include "Auxiliary-Work
Mode" (Default), "After-Call-Work Mode", "Auto-In Mode", or "ManualIn
Mode".
• AM_LOG_OUT – The workMode is ignored.
• AM_NOT_READY – The workMode is ignored.
• AM_READY – The workMode private parameter specifies the work
mode for the ACD agent. Valid values are WM_AUTO_IN (Auto-InWork
Mode, theDefault), and WM_MANUAL_IN (Manual-In-Work Mode).
• AM_WORK_NOT_READY – The workMode is ignored.
• AM_WORK_READY – The workMode is ignored.
Refer to Table 13 for valid combinations of the agentMode service
parameter and the workMode, reasonCode, and enablePending private
parameters.
reasonCode [optional] Specifies the reason for a work mode change to WM_AUX_WORK
or the logged-out (AM_LOG_OUT) state.
Beginning with private data version 7, valid reason codes range from 0 to
99. A value of 0 indicates that the reason code is not available. The
meaning of the codes 1 through 99 is defined by the application.
Private data versions 5 and 6 support reason codes 1 through 9. A value
of 0 indicates that the reason code is not available. The meaning of the
code (1-9) is defined by the application.
Private data versions 4 and earlier do not support reason codes.
Refer to Table 13 for valid combinations of the agentMode service
parameter and the workMode, reasonCode, and enablePending private
parameters.

This same functionality is exposed through the call control services in DMCC (albeit slightly different API methodology.

Set Agent State
Allows the client application to change the
agent’s state at a specified device (including
work mode and reason code).

Please refer to the DMCC Documentation for method and invocation details.
AdeelurrehmanFarooqui
great, thanks i'll try the suggested method.
AdeelurrehmanFarooqui
found no good way of doing the required.. simple call activity codes :(

please suggest what if we directly insert call activity codes in CMS database to make that visible in reports like OneX Agent doing.

MichaelHerman2
Please look into "Call Work Codes" functionality (starting on page 73 of the following document) to see if it meets your requirements.

https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100152486

Once the Call Work Codes are configured, then you should be able to use DMCC to go off hook, push the CWC button, and then do button pushes for the work code digits on behalf of the agent logged into the phone you are manipulating. There is not a mechanism to do this via TSAPI or JTAPI.
AdeelurrehmanFarooqui
Thank you, for the suggestion and giving us new life :)

same is forwarded to support team to create test scenario for us, currently, I am not sure how they are managing work codes and getting reports.

further, we observed that OnDeliveredEvent GetGloballyUniqueCallLinkageID is blank sometimes.. also confirm is this the ID born with calls to link and track all the activities acorse system?

we will store the same to pull calls recordings from ACR, hope we are on the right path?

JohnBiggs
My guess on OnDeliveredEvent GetGloballyUniqueCallLinkageID is that the pbx is not configured to create UCID and there is a path (trunk) in to the PBX that does not provide UCID with the call. See https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/support/faq/tsapi/private_data.gsp#30

we will store the same to pull calls recordings from ACR, hope we are on the right path? UCID should be one method to cross reference the recording with events at a station.
Go to:   
Mobile view