JaydeepH
Dear Team,

We have a proposed AEP/POM integration with Avaya Communication Manager (CM) via SIP.

This will involve retrieve uui data into our IVR application and passing uui data to the agent during call transfer.

I read earlier posts about CTI (AES) connector supporting only H.323 based integration (Not SIP).

I am willing to use AES Connector during application development.

Is this possible with SIP based integration?

If not, is there any other alternative to implement uui data transfer involving SIP integration?

Warm regards,
Jaydeep Hatekar
WilsonYu
You don't use AES connector for SIP. It's only useful for H323. For SIP, the UUI is automatically send to the app and stored in the session.uui variable field. To send UUI in the transfer, you will use the transfer item from the palette and set the UUI in the aai property. You might need to encode the UUI string using the PrepareAAI function available to you in the Data node palette. Please refer to the DevGuide doc for more detail descriptions the functionalities I just mentioned.
JaydeepH
Got it. Thanks Wilson for your response.

This would mean I cannot use anything involving AES (AES Connector) related nodes in my application - since I have SIP based integration.

Here's our call flow scenario:

Environment:
AAEP 7.2
AAOD 7.0

Party 1: Caller
Party 2: IVR # 1 application
Party 3: Live Agent
Party 4: IVR # 2 application

There is also a requirement to pass uui data to the agent during call transfer.

Call scenario:

1. IVR # 1 and caller - only two parties active on the call
2. IVR # 1 dials (conferences) to the live agent - remember also pass uui data to this agent.

At this point (assuming transfer successful), we have 3 parties in conference:
(Caller) - (IVR # 1 application) - (Live Agent)

3. IVR # 1 adds another party to this conference call - IVR # 2 application
4. As soon as IVR # 2 application is hit, IVR # 1 application ends.

At this point (assuming all conference/transfer successful), we have 3 parties in conference:
(Caller) - (Live Agent) - (IVR # 2 application)

5. Once IVR # 2 application is finished, it simply ends and drops from the conference
6. Finally, only two parties remain on the call:
Caller and the LIVE Agent

For such a requirement to implement (without AES connector), the other alternative I see is via CCXML (custom code) that will help in conference call as well as passing uui data to the agent. --- Is this right?

OR is there any other alternative to achieve this in plain AOD?

Appreciate your inputs on this topic,

Thanks for your support.

Warm regards,
Jaydeep Hatekar
WilsonYu
You would need to use ccxml. There is no other way. There are various sample apps you can refer to in the release bundle for ccxml.
JaydeepH
Hi Wilson,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Could you please help me with this:

Our environment:
AAEP 7.2.1
AAOD 7.2.1
Communication Manager CM 7
Session Manager SM 7
AES 7

Call flow scenario:
AAEP is SIP based integrated involving Session Manager trunks.

Requirement:
1. To receive call info (uui) when call hits IVR application
2. To pass uui data to the CM agent during call transfer

Question:

Q1. Do we really require AES while sending/receiving call info from/to IVR in a SIP based environment?
- I am asking this because I am really not sure why we have latest AES configured in our setup.
- I would say AES is of no use in my SIP based scenario, still want to confirm it.

Q2. How would be our ideal call flow for SIP based?
- I would assume PSTN - SM - IVR - SM - CM - Agent (I do not see any AES involvement here for passing uui data).
- Please confirm this flow or share your thoughts about an ideal call flow involving SIP based integration.

Thanks for your support. I look forward to hear from you.

Warm regards,
Jaydeep Hatekar
WilsonYu
I can only confirm you don't need to configure AES for IVR (AEP) but I am not sure if you need AES somewhere else along the way. I am not a system expert. You would need to talk to Avaya support about this flow or topology.
Go to:   
Mobile view