AdeelurrehmanFarooqui
Hello experts,

if we are making IVR application for 10 channels so how many dmcc Licences will be required?

if we make one session with DMCC and open multiple ThirdPartyCallController/extensions so i guess we will require only one dmcc license to interact with channel activities .. kindly confirm.

Regards,
ADDY
MartinFlynn
In general, if an application needs to register a terminal (perform RegisterTerminalRequest) it will consume a DMCC license. As your application is an IVR, I assume it will need to register one terminal per channel. 10 channels will require 10 DMCC licenses.

In addition to this, if the application uses Third Party features on a station (places a Call Control monitor or use functions such as makeCall() or answerCall() etc.) it will require a TSAPI Basic license. Again, 10 channels would require 10 licenses.

Martin
AdeelurrehmanFarooqui
got it thanks
JohnBiggs
an ivr application would need to get media and thus would require the DMCC licenses.

While one could not utilize the third party call control services and use lamp indications and switch hook changes to do the call control functions, I believe you would find it frustrating as a developer (transfering the call out of the IVR would require a lot of actions and careful monitoring of the lamps at the device). Thus the TSAPI_BASIC_USER licenses would also be very convenient to leverage.
Go to:   
Mobile view