chengcheng

I had test the method ,but it didn't go well;
my telephone number is "123412341234" ,
and i run the application:
---> LucentCall call = (LucentCall) provider.createCall();
---> call.connectPredictive(null, address, "123412341234", 51, 15, 2, 1, false, uui);

Sometimes,it is successed,but sometimes,when I anwer the phone at the destination party,
in the same time the call has disconnect automatically.

Is the parameter value wrong?
MartinFlynn
It would be normal for the call to be dropped if Communication Manager thought that it detected an answering machine or fax when you answered. So, if you were to speak into the answering phone for more than a couple of seconds, this might cause the call to drop.

You may find it useful to get the output of the SAT command 'list trace' for the call - this is likely to give a Denial cause which could indicate the reason the call was dropped.

There are a few different list trace options available. The one you use will probably depend on what information you know. Most likely you can use "list trace vdn NNN" where NNN is the number of the VDN from where you are making the call.
The document "Avaya Aura Communication Manager Denial Events" should help you to interpret any denials you get. Note that this document doesn't give a lot of information so you may also need to do some googling.

If you don't get any output from "list trace", you could check the events table:

1. Type the command "clear events" to empty the events table
2. Make the call
3. Type the command "display events" and change "category" to "all".

Martin
chengcheng
MartinFlynn wrote:It would be normal for the call to be dropped if Communication Manager thought that it detected an answering machine or fax when you answered. So, if you were to speak into the answering phone for more than a couple of seconds, this might cause the call to drop.

You may find it useful to get the output of the SAT command 'list trace' for the call - this is likely to give a Denial cause which could indicate the reason the call was dropped.

There are a few different list trace options available. The one you use will probably depend on what information you know. Most likely you can use "list trace vdn NNN" where NNN is the number of the VDN from where you are making the call.
The document "Avaya Aura Communication Manager Denial Events" should help you to interpret any denials you get. Note that this document doesn't give a lot of information so you may also need to do some googling.

If you don't get any output from "list trace", you could check the events table:

1. Type the command "clear events" to empty the events table
2. Make the call
3. Type the command "display events" and change "category" to "all".

Martin

--------->
other questions:
when i Test connectPredictive(),i got some weird address from trace:
T40303#2
T40305#2
T40310#2
T40311#2

what's that?
MartinFlynn
Please make sure you are using the Make Predictive Call correctly. You will get more information in "TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager Programmer’s Reference".

Take a look at the FAQ "When an external party is involved in a call, why its extension is always referenced with something like "Txxxx#1"?". It gives information about the Dynamic Device IDs - https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/support/faq/index.gsp#1020

Martin
chengcheng
thanks!
Go to:   
Mobile view