Aravind.Subramanian
I am using Java JTAPI jars in my application. Writing a simple IVR application, in that i need to collect some input from the caller. I am trying to get call/phone status like awaiting for caller input (input collection), kindly let me know how to get the status? which listener should i need to use?

Thanks & Regards,
Aravind Subramanian
MartinFlynn
Can you please give some more information about what you are doing? For example:

1. What is the call flow?
2. What information do you want to collect?
3. What will you be using JTAPI to monitor (phone, VDN...??)

Martin
Aravind.Subramanian
Thanks Martin for your reply.

As I mentioned i am using JTAPI SDK to make call to an IVR application. In that IVR application in some places the IVR application play messages and collect input from caller. What I need to know is using JTAPI (any) listener the status of current call whether the IVR application is announcing (playing) the message or waiting for user input. How to get any of the above mentioned status using JTAPI SDK?

IVR Call flow:
1. Play Welcome message
2. Collect 10 digit account number (Trying to get the call status as Awaiting for User input)
3. Play Balance
4. End the call

Thanks & Regards,
Aravind Subramanian
MartinFlynn
You will not be able to use JTAPI to do either of:

1. Detect that a message is being played
2. Detect that the IVR is expecting digits

When the call is answered at the IVR, the JTAPI application will get a set of events that indicate that the call is in the Established state. The next set of events to be received is when the call is ended.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view