ajprokop
I am trying to create a JDBC data source to access a Microsoft SQL server. I am using sqjjdbc42.jar. When I attempt to test the connection, I receive this:

ERROR: The TCP/IP connection to the host alertsqlreporting.convergeone.com, port 1433 has failed. Error: "alertsqlreporting.convergeone.com. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.". DSRA0010E: SQL State = 08S01, Error Code = 0

The EngagmentDesigner error is:

2019-01-15 14:36:31,505 [WebContainer : 1] EngagementDesigner ERROR - EngagementDesigner-3.5.0.1.52005 - Failed to get a DataSource from factory.
2019-01-15 14:36:31,505 [WebContainer : 1] EngagementDesigner ERROR - EngagementDesigner-3.5.0.1.52005 - Error getting Output Schema for Read DB Task
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to initialize the DB connection: DB URL = jdbc:sqlserver://alertsqlreporting.nacr.com:1433
at com.avaya.workflow.base.db.dataaccess.DataAccessAgent.getAndInitDataAccess(DataAccessAgent.java:230)

I am not sure how to debug this. Does the problem come from connecting to the database, or is there a configuration problem. I am attaching a screen shot of the configuration.
  • [Thumb - sql.PNG]
[Disk] Download
JoelEzell
Hi Andrew, I take this to mean that Breeze can't connect to alertsqlreporting.convergeone.com at port 1433. Hopefully this won't come off as stating the obvious, but it seems that there are several reasons that this could happen:
1. Breeze is misconfigured with an incorrect address or port
2. The database is not running on the server with that address
3. There is a firewall between Breeze and alertsqlreporting.convergeone.com that is blocking connection attempts to port 1433.

Some possibilities to start debugging from the Breeze CLI:
* Ping alertsqlreporting.convergeone.com and see if you get a response. A failure here may not be definitive though, as the ICMP port could be blocked but 1433 may not be.
* Do a traceroute alertsqlreporting.convergeone.com
* You may be able to use the psql command from the Breeze CLI to attempt to connect to the database at this address / port. I don't know the exact syntax to do this though. I've asked one of the DB experts from the Breeze team to look at this post and provide any additional tips they may be able to provide.
ajprokop
Thanks, Joel. I am chasing down the firewall problem. That may be the problem, but since this is the first time I've ever had to work with a database on Breeze, I wanted to see if the error might mean something else.

I will let you know what I come up with.
JoelEzell
Sounds good, thanks Andrew.
prasanna.kulkarni
Replying in order to subscribe to this thread.

Regards,
Prasanna
ajprokop
I found and fixed the problem. My Breeze server is running in the Amazon cloud and it could not resolve the FQDN of my database. I replaced it with the IP address and it can now connect. I wish the error I received said something like "host not found." :-)
JoelEzell
OK, thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I think that error message came straight from the JDBC driver so we are limited in the error message enhancement area.
Go to:   
Mobile view