MarcusHuang
Hi,

We updated our environment to Breeze 3.4 along w/ Engagement Designer 3.4. Even though in Breeze, i can test my jdbc connection successfully, when i try to retrieve the schema in my Engagement designer flow i get the following error.

Error getting Input Schema for Read DB Task:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to get parameter
metadata from SQL : select top 1 * from dbo.tablename where sip = ?

Any suggestions on this?
PrakashN
Marcus,

What exactly is the SQL query in the task?
Is it "select top 1 * from dbo.tablename where sip = ?"

Did that same query work before you upgraded?

Instead, can you just do select * from tablename where sip = ? and then when the result set is created, just use only the first one in the array?

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
MarcusHuang
I have 2 connections configured. If i use connection B, it works fine. I have all the settings and info the same for connection A, but i get the error message above for connection A. It use to work before, as connection A was the primary connection. I checked credentials, DB settings. The connection tests just fine in Breeze. I tried your query suggestion and got same results. Went back to old query and swapped to other DB, no issue, swapped back got the error.
JoelEzell
I'll ask some database experts on Breeze to take a look at this and see if they have any suggestions.
AnuragAggarwal
Are both Connection A and Connecttion B to a sql server ?
prasanna.kulkarni
Hi Marcus,

On DB side, does the DB credential mentioned for connection A permitted to access dbo schema?

Regards,
Prasanna
MarcusHuang
prasanna.kulkarni wrote:Hi Marcus,

On DB side, does the DB credential mentioned for connection A permitted to access dbo schema?

Regards,
Prasanna

So i did think about this, but because the test query was working in the JDBC connection using the same credentials to the same schema and table, and it kept giving me a status of test successful, i did not pursue it. I went to the db removed then re-added datareader/datawriter for the heck of it and it worked.
AnuragAggarwal
Nice, it is working now
MarcusHuang
AnuragAggarwal wrote:Nice, it is working now

Yes it is. Thank you.
Go to:   
Mobile view