AFasce
Hello DevSupport,
I was able to compile and launch the CommunicationSampleApp (windows version) but I do not know which values to insert inside "Settings - CallService" to connect to Equinox Conferencing on cloud.
I've received a loginID, password, VMR and a url.
From the url I can correctly download and install Avaya Equinox Client.
What do I have to put inside the CommunicationSampleApp configuration to test a connection/collaboration between a CommunicationSampleApp and an Equinox Client connected to the same Virtual Conferencing Room ?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Andrea
Dmitry_Shikulin
Hello Andrea,

Thank you for your question.
Did you try to make a direct call to VR number from sample app?
I suppose if yuo are registered user and Conferencing server located
in same environmemt where your statiom is registered SIP call should be established
with conferencing and collaboration features enabled.
The other case is that your endpoint is registered in other environment and I suppose you are experiencing this problem.
In this case you need to configure http calls.
Please confirm that you are experiencing problem with configuring http call.

Regards,
Dmitry
AFasce
Hello Dmitry,
I would like to use the CommunicationSampleApp to connect to the same Equinox Conferencing service that is used when you use the Avaya Equinox Client. We do not have any kind of service installed in our offices, we need a solution that works only on cloud (and that pass through firewalls etc, exactly what is doing the Avaya Equinox Client) using avaya servers. I received some userid/password that works inside the Avaya Equinox Client application and I would like to test the same kind of communication with the CommunicationSampleApp. Is it possible ? Is there a way to use the CommunicationSampleApp to connect to the same servers used by the Avaya Equinox Client ?
Best Regards,
Andrea
Dmitry_Shikulin
Andrea,

You need more info from your admins in order to properly configure sample app.
Actually, you can check settings in your Equinox application (it seems that you were able to make a call with it) and replicate it to sample app.

Address - is the address of Session Manager in Aura environment. This should have same value as in Equinox->Service->Phone Service->Server Address field
Port: 5061
TLS: On
Domain same as in Equinox->Service->Phone Service->Domain
Extension - your loginId
Password is password.
You will also need a Certificate since you are going to use TLS connection.

Login and then user Call Serivce->Make audio call and enter VMR number.
If everything is correct you should be able to reach VMR and have audio/collaboration call. This will be SIP call.

One general note:
If you don't have Server address and domain the only way to establish call is to make HTTP call.
This is not covered yet in sample app but there is a plan to cover this case in CSDK 4.2.1.
BTW, there is training document how to configure and make HTTP call:
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/windows/communication/tech/over_the_top_conference_calls.gsp

Best regards,
Dmitry

AFasce
Hello Dmitry, we do not have any kind of Avaya server installed locally on our network.
What we need is the ability to have two application (one could be a standard equinox client, while the other is a custom application) to connect to a VMR without the need of any other kind of hardware/software handled/managed by us. We have been told that it's possible by using Equinox on the cloud where the cloud server is directly managed by Avaya. Is this possible ?
Which SDK do I have to use to do that ? Is there a working sample available or when there will be a sample to support that kind of connection ?
Best Regards,
Andrea
Dmitry_Shikulin
Hello Andrea,

Yes it is already possible to do it with Equinox. Do you experiencing some problems with Equinox for this particular case?
Also SDK which comes with Sample app already supports this. But sample app itself requires additional changes. Check link from my previous response.
There is a plan to update sample app in order to support these types of calls. And plan is to deliver these changes to DevConnect in March.

Best regards,
Dmitry
AFasce
Hello Dmitry,
while waiting for the updated SDK with support for http I'm doing some tests with regular SIP but without luck...
I received an account for tryavayaequinox (a username, a password and a voice mail PIN).
I would like to use the CommunicationSampleApp to connect to the tryavavyaequinox server.
Here the datas that are required by the CommunicationSampleApp->Settings->Call Service and the values I'm using

Address
Here I put sm01.tryavayaequinox.com

Port
I leave 5061

Domain
No idea what to put here ? maybe the username@mydomain or username@tryavayaequinox.com domain ? Tested both without luck

TLS
It's ON by default, tested with both ON or OFF with no luck

Extension
Completely ignore what I'm supposed to put here

Password
I used the password I received for the tryavayaequinox account

I did various tests but was never able to login. Some time the Status written on the dialog remains "Logging In" indefenitely, other times the application breaks and I get an uncaught null pointer exception

Any suggestion on what to put inside those fields ?
Best Regards,
Andrea

Dmitry_Shikulin
Hello Andrea,

Sorry for late response.
Based on info you have I suppose you can use Auto-configuration through email for Equinox.
Sample app doesn't support auto-configuration.

Domain is the part that comes after @ sign. Each Aura environment has it its own domain. You better ask your admin.
Extension is the phone number. If this info is not provided to you then you have nothing to enter.

There could a be a workaround for you - use auto-configuration on Equinox application and then check parameters in Equinox settings and replicate them in Sample app.

Best regards,
Dmitry
Go to:   
Mobile view