MarcusHuang
Are there any samples of how to invoke the CallTerminationCause and does it give you the cause regardless if the call has been routed to CM to an H323 station?
JoelEzell
Hi Marcus, I'm a bit confused by your question. Snap-in code doesn't so much invoke CallTerminationCause is it reads it to find out why the call was terminated. Were you looking for some examples of which scenarios will cause Breeze to set CallTerminationCuase to specific values? We don't have anything along those lines, having assumed that the cause values were somewhat self-explanatory. Are there any situations or use cases that you're specifically interested in or confused about?

In answer to your question about H.323, Breeze will see exactly the same information for an H.323 station as it would a SIP station. This is because Breeze always operates on the trunk side of CM, and the SIP siginaling used by CM on a trunk is generally the same regardless of station type.
MarcusHuang
JoelEzell wrote:Hi Marcus, I'm a bit confused by your question. Snap-in code doesn't so much invoke CallTerminationCause is it reads it to find out why the call was terminated. Were you looking for some examples of which scenarios will cause Breeze to set CallTerminationCuase to specific values? We don't have anything along those lines, having assumed that the cause values were somewhat self-explanatory. Are there any situations or use cases that you're specifically interested in or confused about?

In answer to your question about H.323, Breeze will see exactly the same information for an H.323 station as it would a SIP station. This is because Breeze always operates on the trunk side of CM, and the SIP siginaling used by CM on a trunk is generally the same regardless of station type.

Does CallTerminationCause automatically get populated and we just need to check whether each enum is null or not?
JoelEzell
Sorry for the delayed response. You may have already discovered by now through testing that CallTerminationCause is indeed automatically populated. There is no checking for null with Java enums. Most often, a switch statement is used to check for each of the values and perform appropriate processing. if/else statements can alternatively be used, comparing the variable to each enum value.
MarcusHuang
JoelEzell wrote:Sorry for the delayed response. You may have already discovered by now through testing that CallTerminationCause is indeed automatically populated. There is no checking for null with Java enums. Most often, a switch statement is used to check for each of the values and perform appropriate processing. if/else statements can alternatively be used, comparing the variable to each enum value.

Ok, that is what i figured, but i didn't know which process in the call listener is throwing the variable to compare to the call termination cause unless i overlooked it. Thanks for your help.
Go to:   
Mobile view