Rohit_Dhar
Hi there,

we are writing a code to fetch the IP phone 9608 details using "Avaya Client Services API Reference (Windows)". My question is that we receive all the endpoint device detals other than displayName. Can I please know where on Avaya we setup the name that is being passed. I have attached the screen shot for the refernece.

Thanks,
Rohit
  • [Thumb - image008.png]
[Disk] Download
Artem.Tsarev
Hi Rohit,

What API call you are using to retrieve the Display Name?
I need to understand whether you are trying to get a Display Name configured on System Manager(SMGR) or some directory data representing a Display Name.

Thanks,
Artem.
Rohit_Dhar
Hi Artem,

from the system manager, as you might have seen how avaya.clientservice api gets all the information however not able to pull the displayName which is showing "".

Regards,
Rohit
Artem.Tsarev
Ok, what isthe API call you are making to retrieve the value of the Display Name?
In SMGR the Display Name is configured via User Management interface.
Rohit_Dhar
Hi Artem,

Sorry I am getting this information however I know they are using Brezze client SDK.

Rgards,
Rohit
JohnBiggs
Can you get them to give you the code snippet where they are querying the system for information in this context please? Unless we know what method they are using to query the system with, we can not be clear with a response.
Rohit_Dhar
Hi John,

Thanks for replying and sorry for my late response.

As the information I have received from our engineer is that they are using devconnect provided api. Attached is the screenshot for the reference.

Regards,
Rohit
  • [Thumb - displaynameProperty.JPG]
[Disk] Download
Artem.Tsarev
Thanks, Rohit, that helps. I'm following up with the design team to get the answer for you.
Rohit_Dhar
Hello Guys,

Can I please get any help on this query. Customer is chasing me.

Thanks,
Rohit
Artem.Tsarev
Hi Rohit,

I've been following up on this query with various teams since this Disaply Name you are looking for is published by 96x1 desk phones to Aura which then relays it to your controlling Client SDK based endpoint.

The bottom line is that 96x1 doesn't use this property. In other words, Display Name is something that is going to be empty when you used 96x1 device in shared control mode with Equinox.
Go to:   
Mobile view