Json
Can the new zang connector in 3.6 trigger workflows? I recall last year the zang api did not have the ability to pass the event payload along with the trigger URL to trigger a workflow.
JoelEzell
Yes, it can! If properly configured, you will get a Call Intercepted event for an incoming Zang call just as you would for an incoming call in Aura. Most of the communication tasks will then work as you'd expect for an Aura call as well.
Json
JoelEzell wrote:Yes, it can! If properly configured, you will get a Call Intercepted event for an incoming Zang call just as you would for an incoming call in Aura. Most of the communication tasks will then work as you'd expect for an Aura call as well.

I apologize I wasn't specific. I was referring to the Zang SMS connector. I know we can do two way sms with zang https://pubsub.zang.io by setting the workflow to use the Message/Incoming SMS trigger.

This method will trigger all workflows related to a specific zang phone number based on a custom rule. I was hoping there was another way to use the evening framework to use a custom event and having zang trigger the eventing framework url and pass the payload to trigger a specific event.
JoelEzell
I believe that you can use the rules mapper to trigger a particular workflow based on any aspect of an incoming SMS message.
Go to:   
Mobile view