SivaramaKrishananPratheep
Hi,
When application registers DMCC Device getting below response for some of the extensions. The password for the extensions are correct.
reason: Registration Reject reason: securityDenial
Login Denied - Access Code invalid. diagnostic string= code= 63773

This is happening always when we restart or start the application ,application try to register and randomly happening for some of the extensions.

Below is AES and CM version

AES is version 7.1.2.0.0.3-0
CM is version CM 7.1.3.0.0.532.24515
MartinFlynn
To the best of my knowledge, securityDenial only ever means that the password is incorrect. You may be able to get more information from the DMCC traces on AE Services. There is likely to be a matching exception in the log file which may be a bit more informative. However, you may need to increase the logging level to get any useful information.

There are instructions in the DMCC FAQ "How can I monitor the XML being sent and received by the AE Services Server (debug, log, trace)?". You can find this on the Devconnect website in the Support Options page of the Application Enablement Services section.

It may also be useful to check the XML for the registration request. You can see this from the client traces (assuming the trace level is high enough), wireshark or the server traces with increased trace level.

Martin
JohnBiggs

If you repeat the login request with what you feel is an unchanged request (same parameters) does it succeed? ... sometimes not the on the first retry, but ultimately?

This happens to one group of extensions on your first reboot, and a different group of extensions on the next reboot of the application. Never exhibiting quite the same set of impacted extensions. Am I right?

It is difficult to know the overall registration activity on the system when 'steady state' (non application initialization) failures of this class occur, so trying to unravel why those instances occur would be quite difficult to get one's head around unless you see this in a very controlled lab environment.

I have been asked about this error in the past and am not able to put my finger on why it happens. Unfortunately, reproducability in a lab environment hasn't happened and without pretty exacting tracing of both AE Services and Communication Manager it is difficult to drill down into what may be going wrong. Given where the error is thrown in the code, CM doesn't feel ti got a proper response to a challenge response that is part of the authentication process. It is not specifically the extension/password pair that Communication Manager is complaining about, but some other aspect of the overall exchange. I believe the root cause is either a race condition or some data was overwritten between the request being sent and the response being received.

If you can reproduce this error (specifically the diagnostic string= code= 63773 ) in a lab setting I would be interested in working with you to get some detailed logs so we can document the issue for the R&D team. They most likely would come back at some point requesting even more information than we originally collected.

I am pretty certain if the application repeats the device registration request enough times it will succeed. Particularly if the application rate limits itself (and stumbles into a window of time when other registration activity is fairly quiet).

How many concurrent device registrations does the application do?
What form of rate limiting has been implemented for the application? I suggest reading https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101036842

Go to:   
Mobile view