MarcusHuang
I have an app built in ED that use to work fine in 3.2, but after upgrading to 3.4, I redeployed the app and it will not intercept.
I have an implicit user with the dialed digits in SM that is sequencing Breeze. In Breeze I have those same digits as an implicit user associated with a profile. In the profile, Engagment Designer is assigned. In the admin tool, i see the workflow deployed. I created a rule using call intercept where called_pty handle is equal to the implicit user digits. Everytime i call, i never see the call get intercepted as an instance. I did see it hit Breeze Server using traceCE and also dlogv. Any suggestions. Not sure what i am missing, never had this issue in 3.2

2019-04-11 10:43:08,079 [SipContainerPool : 3] EngagementDesigner INFO - EngagementDesigner-3.4.0.1.00030 - Received event: CallIntercepted:CALL_INTERCEPT_TO_CALLED_PARTY Payload: EventImpl [family=CallIntercepted, type=CALL_INTERCEPT_TO_CALLED_PARTY, payload=<not shown>, version=1.0, publicationId=, subscriptionId=, consumerName=null, consumerVersion=null, metadata=EventMetaDataImpl [user=7133211234;npdi=yes;enumdi@cable.comcast.com, userAsMatched=null, serviceProfile=null, correlationId=null, producerName=null, producerVersion=null, valueMap={callId=local.1547143923022_2669041!192.168.158.182, ucid=00007000461599999999}, isImmutable=false], consumerPrivateData=null, style=ASYNC, publicationTimestamp=1555000988079]
PrakashN
Marcus,

Generally, for these kind of problems we need to review the setup and configurations. But if you are seeing the event arriving in ED, but not instance is kicked off, that may be some configuration within the ED itself. Do you know if the instance was created but just not showing in the instance tab? Do you have a Play Announcement or something in the workflow that was heard / not heard in the call?

First thing that comes to mind is - do you have the flag to delete instances after they are completed set to true? This is a flag in SMGR --> Breeze --> Configuration --> Attributes --> Service Globals, choose Engagement Designer service in the drop down, you will see a list of properties there. There will be an attribute called "Completed instance to be deleted or not". By default it is set to true. It needs to be set to false. Select that checkbox and remove true and set it to false.

If this is set correctly, then we need to review the configurations like routing rules, workflow names, etc..

Prakash Natarajan System Architecture Consulting Engineer Engagement Designer Avaya
MarcusHuang
PrakashN wrote:Marcus,

Generally, for these kind of problems we need to review the setup and configurations. But if you are seeing the event arriving in ED, but not instance is kicked off, that may be some configuration within the ED itself. Do you know if the instance was created but just not showing in the instance tab? Do you have a Play Announcement or something in the workflow that was heard / not heard in the call?

First thing that comes to mind is - do you have the flag to delete instances after they are completed set to true? This is a flag in SMGR --> Breeze --> Configuration --> Attributes --> Service Globals, choose Engagement Designer service in the drop down, you will see a list of properties there. There will be an attribute called "Completed instance to be deleted or not". By default it is set to true. It needs to be set to false. Select that checkbox and remove true and set it to false.

If this is set correctly, then we need to review the configurations like routing rules, workflow names, etc..

Thanks Prakash,

I updated the global attribute and still had same issue.

When i look at the routing rule, its nothing really to crazy.

Rule Value
CallEvent["calledParty"]["handle"]=="7133211234"

Workflow
["CallerGateApp:latest"]
AnuragAggarwal
Hi Marcus, the above configuration looks good.

Can you please provide complete ED logs around the time when you make the call, that may help figuring the issue
MarcusHuang
AnuragAggarwal wrote:Hi Marcus, the above configuration looks good.

Can you please provide complete ED logs around the time when you make the call, that may help figuring the issue

How do i get you the log?
AnuragAggarwal
It would be same way you get this part

2019-04-11 10:43:08,079 [SipContainerPool : 3] EngagementDesigner INFO - EngagementDesigner-3.4.0.1.00030 - Received event: CallIntercepted:CALL_INTERCEPT_TO_CALLED_PARTY Payload: EventImpl [family=CallIntercepted,

can you please copy the whole thing when you run the call and attach it here
MarcusHuang
AnuragAggarwal wrote:It would be same way you get this part

2019-04-11 10:43:08,079 [SipContainerPool : 3] EngagementDesigner INFO - EngagementDesigner-3.4.0.1.00030 - Received event: CallIntercepted:CALL_INTERCEPT_TO_CALLED_PARTY Payload: EventImpl [family=CallIntercepted,

can you please copy the whole thing when you run the call and attach it here

I would prefer not to copy the entire log to an open forum. Can i just send it to you via private message?
JoelEzell
I agree that private message is probably the way to go. One other thing you can look at: when the event rules were introduced in Engagement Designer, the provisioning for the Breeze service profiles changed. It used to be that you'd put the specific workflow in the service profile. With the event rules, that changed and now Engagement Designer itself should be in the service profile. Can you please confirm that this is the case in your system?
MarcusHuang
JoelEzell wrote:I agree that private message is probably the way to go. One other thing you can look at: when the event rules were introduced in Engagement Designer, the provisioning for the Breeze service profiles changed. It used to be that you'd put the specific workflow in the service profile. With the event rules, that changed and now Engagement Designer itself should be in the service profile. Can you please confirm that this is the case in your system?

I figured out the issue. It seems the call is intercepted on the invite rather than the to field. Therefore the ENUM Dip in the URI was causing a mismatch as it was probably coming back apart of the handle since it is before the @ symbol.

INVITE sip:7133211234;npdi=yes;enumdi@test.test.com:5060 SIP/2.0

To: <sip:7133211234@cable.comcast.com>

JoelEzell
It's good to hear that you got this straightened out. Your observation about To versus Request URI (R-URI) is 100% correct. In most of Aura (including SM, CM and Breeze), "To" is ignored and all processing is done on R-URI. By the way, the same is true of P-Asserted-Identity being used instead of "From". The tags are the only important bits in To/From (though Breeze snap-ins don't care about the tags).
MarcusHuang
JoelEzell wrote:It's good to hear that you got this straightened out. Your observation about To versus Request URI (R-URI) is 100% correct. In most of Aura (including SM, CM and Breeze), "To" is ignored and all processing is done on R-URI. By the way, the same is true of P-Asserted-Identity being used instead of "From". The tags are the only important bits in To/From (though Breeze snap-ins don't care about the tags).

Are you saying when intercepting callingpty we need to write an expression to compare the handle to p asserted id?
JoelEzell
No, sorry for confusing things. When you access handle, display, domain from the CallingParty participant object, those values are taking from PAI rather than From. Similarly, when you get the values for CalledParty, those values are drawn from R-URI. Service Profile assignments are evaluated on those headers as well, as are Session Manager application sequence vector assignments.
MarcusHuang
JoelEzell wrote:No, sorry for confusing things. When you access handle, display, domain from the CallingParty participant object, those values are taking from PAI rather than From. Similarly, when you get the values for CalledParty, those values are drawn from R-URI. Service Profile assignments are evaluated on those headers as well, as are Session Manager application sequence vector assignments.

Thanks for your insight.
Go to:   
Mobile view