ga386164
how can i check if my destination number agent/terminal is busy/on-call and in this scenario prevent the call from connecting?
MartinFlynn
I presume you want to check that the destination station is idle before initiating a call to it.

o If the destination is off-switch, this is not possible.
o If the destination station is on this switch, then you can use Address.getConnections(). I think this will return an empty array if the station is idle.

Martin
ga386164
i am using Address.getConnections(). but is there any option to play agent busy tone instead of alerting/tinging tone in JTAPI when destination extension is busy on some other call?
MartinFlynn
Can you tell me what you are trying to do? Give a step-by-step description.

Martin
ga386164
scenario: i have 3 ext , 1001,1002,1003 .
---> 1001 and 1002 are connected on call . now i 1003 tries connecting to 1002.
---->but since 1002 is already connected , i want to throw busy event to 1003.
how to capture '1002 already on call' event in this case?
MartinFlynn
Once a call is made, I don't think there is much you can do with an API - the call is under the control of Communication Manager and it gives treatment.

I should point out that the treatment given by Communication Manager is correct and will depend on how 1002 is configured. For example:

o If 1002 has two spare Call Appearances (one for the call and one to be able to conference), then the second call will alert at 1002 and he has the option to answer it. In this case 1002 is not considered to be Busy and 1003 will get ringback.

o If 1002 does not have spare Call Appearances, it is not possible to deliver a new call to it and he is Busy. In this case, Communication Manager will give busy treatment to 1003.

If your desire is that no call should be delivered to a phone if it is already in a call then perhaps you would be better to reduce the number of Call Appearance buttons configured on the agents' stations.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view