StefanS_deprecated
Good morning experts,

my scenario that I want to solve is that: "if I pick up the phone, I want to call a second phone."
I have a H.323 and a SIP phone.

When I build a call from H.323 to SIP, the scenario works fine.

But if I try the same with the SIP to H.323 I get this error:
"CSTA Error 9 --> The request cannot be provided because the called device is not authorized for the service."

What struck me is that in H.323. to SIP case the Call Object is in the IDLE state after the handset is lifted,
which is essential for the connect() function.
In the SIP to H.323 case, the call object is in ACTIVE state after I picked up the handset .

Why do H.323 and SIP react differently?
MartinFlynn
Firstly, H.323 and SIP are very different and so it is possible that something would work for H.323 and not for SIP.

It sounds like your call flow is:
1. User picks up receiver
2. Application then makes a call from the phone to another using Call.connect().

If so, this seems like a fairly odd scenario. Normally, the flow is:

1. Application makes call
2. Call rings at both ends
3. user picks up

Martin
MartinFlynn
I would suggest that you check the following traces as they should give you more information about what is happening:

o On Communication Manager 'list trace station <calling station>'
o On Session Manager 'traceSM'

Martin
StefanS_deprecated
Hello Martin, thanks for your quick response.

You understood our scenario correctly.
It is exactly this:
1. User picks up receiver
2. Wait x seconds, if user does not do any actions like (open a call or turn off the handset...)
3. Application makes a call from the phone to another using Call.connect().

- Is it possible to set the call back to the IDLE state or pretend them that he is IDLE?
- Do you have ideas on how to implement our scenario?

One of my ideas was to make a new call object, but that does not work either. same error!
I think the biggest problem is that the SIP phone sets the call object directly in the ACTIVE state.
MartinFlynn
Does your SIP phone have a small black triangle on the top-left corner of the display when you login to it?
StefanS_deprecated
Hello Martin,

No, it does not have, maybe it has something to do with it?
What does the small black triangle in the upper left corner stand for?
MartinFlynn
The triangle would have indicated that the phone did not have PPM and may have explained why you are having this problem.

If you need further support, I suggest that you open a technical support ticket and one of my colleagues will try to help you. Please note, there may be a fee for this service.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view