DanielStingl
Hi,

I want to know if it is possible to detect DTMF-Tones on a call monitor via DMCC.Net SDK.

Lets say we have a VDN 7200 and on its vector 4 digits have to be pressed. We monitor the VDN with a calls via device monitor.
So, an external caller calls a number, is routed to the VDN 7200 and presses the digits 1,2,3,4.

How can we get the collected numbers? Any ideas?

I think the tone detection-service is only availabe when a station is involved that I can register(registerTerminal) with server mode/client mode.

Thanks
MartinFlynn
It is not possible to detect the digits directly - as you say. there is no DMCC terminal in the call. However, as I presume the digits are entered in response to a "collect" step in a vector, it is possible to receive them in a Call Control event for a VDN monitor.

The process is described in the "How to Collect User Entered Codes (UEC)" section of "TSAPI for Avaya Communication Manager Programmer’s Reference".

Note that, though this document is for TSAPI, it applies equally to DMCC. Also, note that you will need at least two VDNs & Vectors - one to collect the digits and the second to be monitored by the application and route the call.

Martin
JohnBiggs
a call monitor on a VDN will not provide you DTMF events. Nor will one on a station.

Most likely the VDN is at a collect step when the DTMF are entered by the caller.
If the VDN does a subsequent adjunct route step, I am pretty sure that the collected digits are passed in the adjunct route message (please check out the description in the TSAPI Programmer's Guide to be sure).

Using adjunct routing to get the connected digits would require a TSAPI Advanced license. Depending on the size of the installation (small, medium or large) you may find that cost prohibitive.

You are right that the DTMF collect functionality in DMCC requires there to be a DMCC device in the call, and it needs to not be the device entering the DTMF.
DanielStingl
Hello,

in order to the customer environment the UEC-version is the right one I think.

Many thanks for your replies.

Go to:   
Mobile view