RicardoSosa
Hi,

I have a problem with authentication in Oceana and the use of APIs for integration with breeze.

When a people logs in the workspace, a cookie called UACCookieSession is created.

On the other hand, the Avaya Breeze Customer Interactive API, JavaScript client, retrieves this cookie to verify if the agent is authenticated (https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/javascript/customer_interaction/guide/tutorial_auth.gsp)

The problem is that when the cookie is created, it is created for that complete FQDN (example "one.samedomain.tld"), which means that the Chrome browser does not allow access to that cookie from "other.samedomain.tld".

Is it possible to configure Breeze UAC so that the cookie is generated with domain "samedomain.tlf" exclusively? on the contrary, any other idea to recover the login and be able to use the JavaScript API?

Best regards,
SDK_CIS_Package
Hi,

The example shown is just a suggestion - you need to replace the 'UACCookieSession' cookie, with the name of the Authorization SSO cookie you have created.
UAC is only used for authenticating Workspaces Users, and is not suitable for authenticating Users from other Clients - you will need to integrate with the Breeze Authorization service to do this.

See here for information on this (for Oceana 3.6):
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_breeze/releases/3_6/index.gsp#tabs-product-downld-2

In Downloads > Programming Resources > Authorization Helper APIs for External Clients, Avaya Breeze Platform Release 3.6

Best Regards

CIS Support Team
RicardoSosa
Many thanks!

I thought that it was not necessary to obtain the token and that it was possible to use the cookie (as it is in the samples).

The purpose of my development is to receive CTI events from an agent from a javascript library embedded in a Web CRM using the Customer Interaction API (https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/javascript/customer_interaction/index.gsp). The agent must continue working normally in the workspace as well.

However, I continue with 3 critical doubts:

1- This process authenticates my application with Oceana, but ... how do I authenticate the agent with the Customer Interaction API (JavaScript)?

seeing this: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/javascript/customer_interaction/guide/tutorial_auth.gsp

Can I do the same but replace the 'authToken' (readed from SSOCookie) with token got by the Authorization Service (https://<FQDN:9443>/services/AuthorizationService/token)?

var SSOCookie = $cookies.get('UACCookieSession');
var authToken = { header: 'Authorization', value: SSOCookie };

var client = new AvayaCustomerServices(config);
var clientSession = client.createClientSession();

clientSession.setToken(authToken);

var agent = clientSession.createAgent();
var work = clientSession.createWork();

2- Can Breeze send CTI events from the agent to the workspace and my integration at the same time?

With the Customer Interaction sample, when I activate the agent the workspace is disconnected (a DELETE message is sent via broadcast by TAKEOVER cause). We have tested this using the contents of the UACCookieSession as a hardcoded token (to be able to test the sample).

3- I do not see in the document the signature with which I must sign the JWT token. What should I use so that Oceana is able to understand the token and extract the clientid?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards,
SDK_CIS_Package
Hi,

1. correct,
2. also correct - currently Workspaces on Oceana, and Workspaces on Elite do not support multiple Agent Client Sessions - so you can't be logged in to Workspaces and another client at the same time. You should raise this requirement with Avaya Product Management to prioritise for future releases.
3. this I have no knowledge on - can you raise a ticket in the "Avaya Breeze" forum, and ask the question there.

Best regards

CIS Support Team
RicardoSosa
Thank you very much for the speed.

This point:

"2. also correct - currently Workspaces on Oceana, and Workspaces on Elite do not support multiple Agent Client Sessions - so you can not logged in to Workspaces and another client at the same time You should raise this requirement with Avaya Product Management to prioritize for future releases. "

This is a big problem for me since it can completely change the proposed integration. I really do not need to be "logged in" in workspace and external application, the only thing I need is to receive CTI events from Oceana (without going into low-level integrations such as AES-TSAPI or ECC Snap-In), this is not possible?? Can not we receive CTI events in any way without disconnecting the workspace agent??

Best regards,
Go to:   
Mobile view