Pravin
Hi,

We have developed customer web desktop and it is working fine. If we logout properly then there is no issue to relogin into desktop but if user close browser without logout then next time use unable to login as last time user not logout.

How to clear serviceprovider startapplicationsession aster user tries to close the browser without logout.

Is there any method to clear service provider statapplication session during login process.

Regards,
Pravin
JohnBiggs
I doubt the problem is the service provider session. If it is then that is somehow embedded in your application logic. Start by looking at the AES DMCC logs and finding out what is actually happening with the reestablishment of a new session, allocation of device ID (what I anticipate the problem is) or some later activity (perhaps device registration).

I assume the problem is seen when the user tries to relogin before the DMCC session expires. Once the session expires all resources associated with the session will be freed. What intervals are you using for session recovery and keep alive? By shortening the keep alive expiration interval (default 180 seconds), you should be able to shorten the lockout interval. Of course this creates more overall message traffic so depending on the number of workstations/sessions one should be careful making this change.

DeviceIDs contain an instance ID. There can only be one value of instance ID active at a time. By default (left unspecified) an instanceID of zero is used which will create a conflict if the session has not timed out. The application could use a random number for the instanceID, and retry with a different instanceID if the first attempt to allocate a deviceID fails. Depending on the AES release (up through R7) three instances are supported. With R8 twelve instances are supported per deviceID.
Pravin
Thanks John. Suppose we are have registered 40 device through DMCC web application to monitor call events for each device and out of that one device we want to stop monitoring then there is any way to stop it from AES server or communication manger.

At present what happening if user not logout properly from web application then he could not able to login again until web server service restart to kill DMCC port 4721 connection with AES server. For one user mistake all user are impacting if we restart we server service.

So we want to know is there any method to stop monitoring/session of that device from DMCC server so that without restarting web server services we can login that device for monitoring.

Regards,
Pravin
JohnBiggs
Through AES Web OA&M -> Status -> Status and Control -> DMC Service Summary
Select the problem session, and then click the "Terminate Sessions" button.

I guess I am assuming that each user has their own session through the web server and on to AES (i.e. there would be 40 sessions active on AES). If there is one session and one user in that session goofed but the other 39 are working, then there is not a way to remove one deviceID from a session containing many from the AES.

From CM you could access the SAT and busyout the station extension that was being monitored "busy station XXX" where XXX is the impacted station extension, but that would impact that users phone as well as the device monitor, but it may be less disruptive than impacting all 40 users. to undo the busyout, you would do a "release station XXX" and wait for the station to re-register. Depending on the applicaiton logic and how well that scenario is handled, when the station registration is destroyed as a result of the busyout, the DMCC registration would be terminated (assuming it is a Dependent or Main registration). If the registration is Independent mode, then this won't help and I don't have any other ideas for you to test out.
MartinFlynn
You have not said how your application connects to AE Services so it is difficult give correct advice.

I will assume that you have some Javascript running in the browser which forms the Dashboard. This communicates with your web application on a server. The sever connects to AE Services - it either has a single DMCC connection which handles all agents or it has one DMCC connection per agent.

The problem here, I think, is that the web application does not know that the browser has been closed. Therefore it keeps the connetion open and holds the resources (DeviceID and possibly Terminal). In this case, I think there are two possible solutions:

1. If an agent logs in, the web application can check if it already has the DeviceID and/or Terminal. If so, it need not get them again. Or, it can release them and get them again.

2. You can implement some sort of heartbeat between the client and web server. If the heartbeat is lost, the web server can release the Terminal and DeviceID.

Martin
Pravin
How to clear device busy error. where the user is already connected and got disconnected after network disconnection. When again try to get device IT it give device busy error.

We have web application and every client get connected to AES server on 4721 port via web server. If web server and client got disconnected in this case we get device busy as web server to AES server session is still is in progress and to clear we need to get web server service restart and it impacts all user. We want to know how to clear device busy from AES or communication manager server.

Can we reset/release only impact device from busy state.
Regards,
Pravin
JohnBiggs
Do you have one AES session per user, or many users one session?

where is the request for a Device ID originating. the server or the browser the client is using.

Did you understand my suggestion about round robining the device instance ID?
Pravin
We have per user one AES session from Web Server. but using same PID for port 4721 on Web server so not able to kill particular device ID session.

Device Id request originating from browser client. When client try to login for device monitoring for call event monitoring.

Regards,
Pravin
Go to:   
Mobile view