jaydstein
I'm having trouble with telecommuter mode. When the caller hangs up, the device that my station is in telecommuter mode isn't dropped from the call.

IE:
1. Register agent/station w/ telecommuter mode to my cellphone.
2. Receive and pickup call from outside device.
3. Outside device hangs up.
4. My cellphone is still on the call.

Is this something DMCC fully supports? Maybe I could get some ideas for places to debug?
JohnBiggs
There is something that is part of telecommuter mode called the service link. It is the connection between the PBX and the PSTN phone (your cell phone). There is configuration information on the Communication Manager station form (page 2 "Service Link Mode") that controls how long the service link is active after a call ends. It can remain active till you hang up (permanent), or for ~10 seconds (as-needed). This feature exists because the expectation is that you may receive or place another call shortly after the prior call ends and setting up the service link takes time, and it is nice to avoid that setup time. Additionally, in the past, the first minute of a phone call was billed differently (higher) than second minutes. Thus there was an attempt to avoid increased charges for these calls.
Go to:   
Mobile view