wtangney
I am wondering if there is a way within orchestration designer to handle nomatch and noinputs from a menu with the same counter. If a caller were to nomatch, the error count becomes 1. Then if a caller were to noinput, the error counter becomes 2, and so on. The VXML standard has the events separately and the count attribute of each event is thrown by MPP.
The pseudocode would be:

catch nomatch or noinput
increment error counter
handle error count 1
handle error count 2
handle error count 3

I'd really like to avoid creating variables for every single menu and then going to a data element, incrementing the error counter, and then back to the menu. This gets sloppy and difficult to maintain.
WilsonYu
Have you looked at one of the sample apps call Events? If not, you can download it from the following link and see if that demonstrates what you need:

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/17077.page
wtangney
I have looked at the custom events project. Creating custom events is part of the solution. The issue is counting them. If I catch a nomatch count = "1" I'd throw custom.nomatch.noinput.1. Then if I catch a nomatch count = "2" I'd throw custom.nomatch.noinput.2. The problem arises when the error type changes. I have two nomatches now and the caller triggers a noinput count = "1". I can't figure out how to throw custom.nomatch.noinput.3.

In vxml you can have a local var and assign it "1+varName" in the catch blocks and then throw the correct event. In OD I can't create a local var and increment it in a prompt & collect or menu.
Go to:   
Mobile view