MRoy
Hi,

I have deployed an application compiled with AAOD 7.2.3 on IBM WebSphere 9.0.5, which fails when a webservice call is made. The same application runs successfully on Tomcat. Since the production environment is going to be IBM WS, I have to get it to work on it.

I have attached the console log for you reference. From my research, it seems it may be a library conflict with IBM WS but I have not been able to figure out a solution.
Appreciate your help.
Filename SystemOut.log [Disk] Download
WilsonYu
Have you deployed the common runtime library according to the documentation to create a shared library and make sure the library files are loaded child-first-parent-last mode.
MRoy
I have created a shared library and referenced it to the application.

When I set the the application setting to load parent last, I get a technical difficulty message (The flow does not load)
WilsonYu
You should not be setting it at the application level.
Take a look at the Performing additional WebSphere configuration section in the DevGuide doc.
MRoy
Thanks for your reply. I re-installed the application as per the latest AAOD Dev Guide 7.2.3, and also added the shared library and parent last class loader settings at server levels (as instructed in doc).

The only change this time around was that the call flow was initialised and I did not get the technical difficulty prompt, like I use to get earlier in similar class loader setting.

The call flow fails at the same point (while connecting to webservice to fetch customer info).

Later, I added a custom property (com.ibm.websphere.webservices.DisableIBMJAXWSEngine = true) to IBM java setting but no change in end result.

I have attached my console output. I noticed am error i could not figure out

(BundleClassLoader[C:\DEV-SPACE\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\plugins\com.ibm.ws.runtime.gateway.jar].findClassImpl(com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.IPerformanceTracker)
BundleClassLoader[com.ibm.ws.runtime.gateway_7.0.0].loadClass(com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.IPerformanceTracker) failed.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.avaya.sce.runtimecommon.IPerformanceTracker cannot be found by com.ibm.ws.runtime.gateway_7.0.0)

Thanks for your help.
Filename console.log [Disk] Download
WilsonYu
The error does not even involve the shared library at this point. It shows the app is not even loading the classes in the scert.jar file which should be in the WEB-INF/lib directory. Can you check the ear/war file to make sure the scert<version>.jar file is there?

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.avaya.sce.runtime.Action cannot be found by com.ibm.ws.runtime.gateway_7.0.0
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501)
MRoy
Hi Wilson,

The scert-07.23.08.01.jar is present in the WEB-INF/lib directory. I have attached screenshots of WEB-INF/lib, shared lib (lib/ext) and classpath. Maybe you can spot something.
  • [Thumb - classpath.JPG]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - wedinfLib.JPG]
[Disk] Download
  • [Thumb - sharedLib.JPG]
[Disk] Download
MRoy
Also, attached WAS logs for reference.
Filename wasLog.zip [Disk] Download
MRoy
I had some feed back from IBM that the BundleLoader errors can be ignored.

The actual error generated is
java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org/apache/axis2/databinding/ADBBean.serialize(Ljavax/xml/namespace/QName;Ljavax/xml/stream/XMLStreamWriter;)V

This error pops up when a webservice call is to be made.

The app itself is recompiled on AAOD 7.2.3 to run on AAEP 7.2.2 (axis2-1.6.2). It was earlier running on AAEP 6 (axis2-1.5)
Filename SystemOut.log [Disk] Download
WilsonYu
I see that you have bunch of axis 1.3 library in the the app (WEB-INF/lib). This would be in conflict with the 1.6 libraries in the shared directory. I don't think we can support this mix. You would need to consult with IBM to see how you can separate them out. It is mainly part of class loading. I can tell you that the axis2 1.6 libraries files are required in the shared library mainly for the reporting (to EPM) functionality. We've gone through a lot of trouble with Websphere to sort it out because of the conflict with Websphere's own system version.
MRoy
Thanks for your response.
We are now deploying the App on Tomcat instead as we can not seem to figure out a solution for Webshpere.
Go to:   
Mobile view