MRoy
Hi ,

The license server is Session Manager Weblm, and I am trying to figure out how to install the certificates between the two. I did come across "Importing CA certificate into WebLM Java client truststore" in WelbLM doc but can not figure it out since its the first time i am setting the certificate up. If someone could please break it down for me, or provide a document with an example.

Importing CA certificate into WebLM Java client truststore
About this task
Use this procedure on the Java client machine which communicates with WebLM server.
Procedure
1. Refer the respective product documentation which is hosting the WebLM client to locate
trusted_weblm_certs.jks and trustedcert.properties files used by the
WebLM Java client on the application.
2. Import CA certificate into the client truststore trusted_weblm_certs.jks by running
the following command:
keytool -import -alias weblm -file <server_public_certificate> -keystore
<truststore_filename>
where,
truststore_filename is WebLM truststore used by WebLM Java client
server_public_certificate is the PEM encoded certificate that is used on server
side.
3. At the prompt, type the password mentioned in the trustedcert.properties file.
4. Restart the application to reflect the changes.
WilsonYu
I remember you have another post about Websphere. Are you adding certificate to Websphere or Tomcat? If it's Websphere, you would do it in the IBM console after you have exported the certificate from the System Manager. If it's Tomcat, you can add the certificate through the Runtimeconfig web tool.
MRoy
Thanks.
Due to unresolved issues with Websphere, the deployment has been moved to Tomcat.

I have left the license URL blank as I get "Invalid URl or License server is not up" message even after applying SM CA certificate.
How can we confirm whether runtime is obtaining the DD license and is not in grace period?

Also, do we need to make any changes in the trustedcerts.properties file?
Go to:   
Mobile view