MRoy
Hi,

My App is deployed on tomcat9, running on AAEP 7.2.2 and compiled on OD 7.3.3.

Licenses (both AAEP and DD) are centrally installed on system manager and SM certificate is installed via the runtimeconfig web tool on the application server.

The issue is that the runtime licenses are not acquired by the app.

What can be done to trouble shoot this issue ?
WilsonYu
Do you see any error in the data/log/report.log? Does the http (instead of https) license url work? Try enable local reporting through the EPM application configuration/Reporting Parameters/Local Report Log
MRoy
I found a fix to it.
runtime expects the trustedcert.properties file to be located in webaps\WebLM\admin. So i manually created that folder structure and placed the file there. It worked .

But the is another issue. When i run Tomcat directly from startup.bat file it works fine and the DD license is located in the above mentioned directory. However, if I run the tomcat from the windows service, it gives an error " file not found exception"
Any thoughts on this ?

Using tomcat 9 (latest) and java 1.8 (latest)
WilsonYu
The trustedcert.properties is expected to be in a particular place based on the app server. For Tomcat, it is the admin directory. It is documented in the release notes.
No idea about using the Windows service. I recommend the startup script as the common practice.
MRoy
Besides making the folder structure in webapps (webapps/WebLM/admin/) and placing the truststedcert.properties in it as mentioned in the Release Notes, environmental variables will need to be added to the Windows Server for the runtimeconfig webapp to locate and read this file, if Tomcat is started from a windows service.

1. JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME
2. CATALINA_HOME

eg. JRE_HOME (C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_221)
CATALINA_HOME (D:\Application\Tomcat9)
Go to:   
Mobile view