HenryUnger
I am developing an interface to an IP Office system using IP Office CTI WebServices. I am having some problems reconciling the behavior of the system with the documentation.

1) The Avaya engineer who set up the system swears that the user ID set up for our use is an Application User, however, the response payload does not contain any "devices" sections.

2) After subscribing to the WebSocket, the IP Office system terminates the WebSocket connection after six minutes.

In section 4.3.3 Heartbeat, the documentation states:

For Application Users ending (sic) a heartbeat request is not required. The session for an Application User will remain activated as long as one-X Portal server is running and that Application User does not explicitly logout.

In section 4.3.4 WebSocket Heartbeat, the documentation states:

Heartbeat option has been added for websockets.

This option is enabled by appending 2 additional request parameters clientName and clientVersion to the websocket URL. Both the request parameter should be appended to the websocket URL for enabling the heartbeat option.

When the client chooses to enable the heartbeat option then it should send at least one heartbeat message over the websocket every 30 seconds. If the heartbeat message is missed then the websocket is closed by the server.

The heartbeat message can be any string.

Based on that, I should not need to send a heartbeat as I am not including the clientName and ClientVersion in the URL.

The sample in WebSocketService.cs sends the string "heartbeat" every 10 seconds. I have implemented something similar and find that the subscription is still terminated after six minutes with a WebSocket status 1000 (Normal Closure) and the message, "Closing web socket on stopApplicationSession".

I cannot find anywhere in the documentation mention of a subscription duration or WebSocket closing status codes or "stopApplicationSession".

I would really appreciate some assistance with these issues.
Go to:   
Mobile view