Rulo
Hi team!:

Is it possible configure co-browsing to work in a reverse way... I mean, can an Agent create a co-browsing session by his/her own and share with Customer an url+token (or so) to create a co-browsing session?

normal way of working a Customer initiates a chat, and if co-browsing is demanded, Customer and Agent can co-work to improve interaction... but I would like to know how to initiate a co-browsing session from Agent side with no chat interaction alive.

My enviroment: Oceana 3.6.0 with webchat & co-browsing activated and working fine.

Thanks in advance!!!

Raúl
Manish_dev
Hi Raul,

CoBrowse is an SDK based solution, it has API’s to create CoBrowse session from both the ends. Either Agent or customer both parties are allowed to create the CoBrowse session and other party joins it.

Currently in OOTB Oceana solution Agent creates the CoBrowse session for the preconfigured CoBrowse pages and Customer joins the session automatically. As the token is passed with URL to the end customer over the chat.

If I am not wrong you want a website enabled with CoBrowse (no chat interaction) for which Agent can initiates the CoBrowse session.

Yes, we can do that in fact the standalone CoBrowse has been implemented in this manner only. OOTB standalone solution allows either Agent or Customer to initiate the CoBrowse session and other party joins it. Here after generation of the CoBrowse session one has to provide the CoBrowse session (passphrase) to other party through any media that could be using email or over the voice.

So in a nut shell being an SDK based solution CoBrowse facilitates implementors to have their own implementation by provided api's to initiate the CoBrowse by either Agent or Customer. So it doesn’t matter if the CoBrowse Webpage has chat enabled or not as CoBrowse can be enabled on any Webpage (using the CoBrowse sdk) and initiated by either party.

Please refer the devconnect document for the detailed CoBrowse client sdk apis

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/javascript/sharing/index.gsp

Incase any assistance is needed please feel free to contact CoBrowse snapin team

Thanks & Regards
~Manish Negi

Go to:   
Mobile view