Alex999
Hi,

I am pretty newbie to client sdk. Do anyone know how to notify participants to join the conference call? We have tried conference.addParticipant() to notify online (login) users to join the conferences but in vain. The initiator can open a conference room but no notifications are sent. BTW, the first parameter for addParticipant() is "participant address" what would be the form of it? Is it "sip:xxxx@avaya.com"?
Alex999
It's obvious that the address is wrong. com.avaya.clientservices.call.CallException: Add participant failed: USER_NOT_FOUND. But We don't know what it is.
Pallavi_M
Thanks for posting your query!

Can you please try with participant address as xxxx@avaya.com i.e. without "sip:" ?

If you still see issue, can you please capture logs with log level as Debug ?

Also regarding notifications, if addParticipant is success, a new ActiveParticipant object will be added to the conference roster list and the application will receive a success/failure indication through the supplied completionHandler delegate.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect support team
JohnBiggs
note that "@avaya.com" portion of the address may need to be replaced by the domain that is configured in your SMGR/SM. Consult with your SMGR administrator for that detail.
Alex999
Thanks John. What shall be the string before @? Is it "sip:XXXXX" or just "XXXXX" or something else? Actually, I tried both of them but got user not found error code.
Pallavi_M
Thanks for posting your query!

Have you tried with only xxx@domain.com ?

Thanks,
JohnBiggs
Do you have access to SMGR's command interface (Linux)? can you run a traceSM? Can you compare a traceSM from the client SDK application to a traceSM from a 'normal' deskphone (that works)? e.g., a 96x1 phone or similar. Were it me that is how I would begin to approach the problem. I don't have in depth knowledge of the Client SDK, so in that regard I am not much use...
EdmondLii
Alex used addParticipant() method trying to add a participant into an Equinox meeting room, he got "USER_NOT_FOUND" on CDSK App.
I find CSDK has another method addParticipantFromCall(), what is the difference between addParticipant() and addParticipantFromCall()?
Which one is better to be used for the call scenario below?

Our call scenario is:
CSDK App make call to Equinox TE mode personal meeting room, then trying to add another Aura user into the active meeting room.
Pallavi_M
There are 2 types of conferences supported: adhoc and meet-me.

AddParticipantFromCall method is called on a 2-party call, the two calls are merged together to create a conference call. This is adhoc conference.

AddParticipant Method if called on a conference call, the participant is added to the conference call using bridge-assisted dial-out. This is meet-me call.

In your case, AddParticipant should be used as you are adding participant to Equinox TE mode personal meeting room.

Have you configured conference factory URI ?

Can you please provide logs with loglevel set to debug. Based on 404 R, looks like server is not able to route the call based on participant address provided.

Thanks,
Alex999

There are 2 types of conferences supported: adhoc and meet-me.

AddParticipantFromCall method is called on a 2-party call, the two calls are merged together to create a conference call. This is adhoc conference.

AddParticipant Method if called on a conference call, the participant is added to the conference call using bridge-assisted dial-out. This is meet-me call.

In your case, AddParticipant should be used as you are adding participant to Equinox TE mode personal meeting room.

Thanks Pallavi for the response. What is factory URI? Actually I don't quite know what is the difference between ad hoc and meetme conference. We can start a conference and become the first participant in it. But when I add a participant with the following code snippets

@Override
public void onClick(View v) {
Conference conference =
SDKManager.getInstance(getActivity()).getCallWrapperByCallId(callId).getCall().getConference();
if(conference.getAddParticipantViaDialoutCapability().isAllowed()){
conference.addParticipant("501032@avaya.com.tw", new CallCompletionHandler() {
@Override
public void onSuccess() {
Log.d(LOG_TAG, "Alex add participant success");
}

@Override
public void onError(CallException e) {
Log.d(LOG_TAG, "Alex add participant failed"+e);
}
});

But got these message from server in logcat.

2019-11-13 17:05:21.638 18897-18897/com.avaya.sdksampleapp D/Alex id: 37C7CE8605F111EA9166DF4317591627
2019-11-13 17:05:53.775 18897-18897/com.avaya.sdksampleapp D/CallActiveFragment: Alex add participant failedcom.avaya.clientservices.call.CallException: Add participant failed: USER_NOT_FOUND

EdmondLii
Pallavi_M wrote:There are 2 types of conferences supported: adhoc and meet-me.

Can you please provide logs with loglevel set to debug. Based on 404 R, looks like server is not able to route the call based on participant address provided.

Thanks,

Hi Pallavi,

Thanks for your reply. I did configure factory URI in SMGR and Equinox Management Server. Aura user with a full video meeting room can dial factory URI number or personal meeting room number to enter the meeting room. But if an Aura user with an audio only meeting room (Meeting Type is Audio Service), the user CANNOT dial factory URI number or personal meeting room number to enter the meeting room, he must dial Auto-Attendant number first, then input meet room ID to enter his personal meeting room.

Could you let us know how to collect log from CSDK sample App? I know IX Workplace Client can enable debug log collection, but there is not the option on CSDK sample App.

Many thanks & regards,

Edmond
Pallavi_M
Hi Edmond,

1) I was referring ConferenceFactoryURI on client side.

2) To get logs, you need to subscribe for LogMessage Event and then write logs to the file.

You can get more details about usage from documentation.

Thanks,
Alex999
Hi Pallavi,

I was referring ConferenceFactoryURI on client side.

Is there document on this?

Thanks,
Alex
EdmondLii
Pallavi_M wrote:Hi Edmond,

1) I was referring ConferenceFactoryURI on client side.

2) To get logs, you need to subscribe for LogMessage Event and then write logs to the file.

Thanks,

Hi Pallavi ,

Many thanks for your indication.
I have find the information on DevConnect web site and share the link to Alex.

Regards,

Edmond
Pallavi_M
Thank-you Edmond,

Hi Alex,

Can you please collect logs as it would help to analyse the issue further?

As stated earlier, to get logs, you need to subscribe for LogMessage Event and then write logs to the file.

Thanks,
Go to:   
Mobile view