R.Browne
I am looking to determine if any of the AACC APIs can help with a project where in our new Aura 8 environment with AACC 7.1.x, we have the ability to dynamically change Skillsets of an agent on the fly.

i.e. Agent 1234 had Skillset A, but a large volume of calls is backing up in skillset B. We want to develop a way for the Supervisor to change which skillset the agent is logged in to serve. in the CS1K & AACC 6.4 world we just have local agents, and they have several separate agent IDs for fast changes.

Kind Regards, Richard

EdgarS
The CCMA Open Interface API allows for skill set modifications.
FergusCameron [Avatar]
Typically you would assign *all* the relevant skillsets to agents and simply set an appropriate priority for each. This should mitigate the need for assigning and removing them explicitly. Your site servicing and support should be able to assist you in matching your business need to the appropriate profile and settings here.

Fergus Cameron :: AVAYA :: DevConnect :: http://www.avaya.com/devconnect/
R.Browne
In our environment, where we have hundreds of skillsets, this will not work. In our current AML environment, each agent has multiple Agent IDs that have specific roles for certain circumstances.

i.e. A customer service agent, who has been trained on specific types of call center calls, is needed to assist the call center due to high call volume. They would be asked to logout of the agent fro customer service and login as a call center agent with the skillset needed. Since all agent IDs are local they would be able to have multiple agent IDs. One would be for customer service and another for the call center agent.

In the new SIP environment for AACC, since we cannot have multiple agent IDs, we would like the supervisors to be able to switch the skillset roles on the fly to cover areas with the greatest need. This would only affect hose trained in handling certain types of calls. Not every agent can handle each type of call and we want the supervisors to have some discretion.
FergusCameron [Avatar]
I'm NOT a consultant for AACC operational issues, so my apologies in advance here, but I still don't understand the need. You would assign the appropriate skillsets to the appropriate agents and adjust your orchestration to route to the appropriate agents based on your metrics. This requires no manual intervention but is defined by your business rules and scripted in advance. You could, theoretically, adjust your application routing dynamically or, give your supervisors logins to change the skillset assignments through CCMA but I believe you may be overly focused on independent skillsets instead of restructuring them. e.g. SKILL_A + SKILL_A_OVERFLOW or, more likely, "Service Level Routing" with standby assignments and target service levels.

As previous poster said, the CCMA/SOAP interfaces might be used but they are not well suited to distributed management (i.e. potentially hundreds of clients) and you would likely want to build a CCMA proxy service (i.e. centralized) which batched and brokered the queries and responses from supervisors. This then implies distinct authentication (additional management) or proxy authentication (to the CCMA) at which point the question of just using CCMA through a browser, arises again. Certainly CCMA/SOAP can be used to streamline setup and bulk changes but I would (personally) be cautious about using it outside of that context.

In short, I realize I'm totally ignorant of your specific requirements but would urge you to look at the product designed mechanisms for handling load (and perhaps look to administration focused forums on Avaya Support) as I feel this is not a unique problem and much might be more robustly achieved by "standard" means. Apologies again if this appears unhelpful it is not my intention to be so.

--
PS: I am unsure about "multiple agents IDs", you may have multiple agent IDs in AACC/Aura but since it seems an unusual construction, I'm not sure I could guess at that any better than I can at the above; I might have multiple agents under a "master agent" and then "ready/not-ready" them but still feel it's obscure so, am probably missing something.

Fergus Cameron :: AVAYA :: DevConnect :: http://www.avaya.com/devconnect/
Go to:   
Mobile view