VasilyL
Hello Gurus!

We faced with a very strange behavior during projects import operation.

Developer in our team transfers me IVR applications.
I try to import applications into a new workspace.
Our applications contains several reusable modules. We use input and output parameters to transfer some data between modules.
And all the time I try to import applications I face with a problem like "A new module definition has been detected that requires an update to existing module instances in your flow" , please see on a screen shot.

I can click only "OK". But later I see that most of our input\output parameters are broken and after projects rebuild intercommunication is broken.

What shall we do to correctly pass over the source code between me and developer? Well, we cannot use source controls system. We can pass IVR application source code in archives only.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Vasily.
  • [Thumb - Problem_Map_new_module_definition_1.PNG]
[Disk] Download
WilsonYu
It seems like the parameters of the modules you have do not match the ones that are being used in the project that you are importing. Have you double check that and make sure the modules and the calling app are aligned in terms of the input and output parameters?
VasilyL
Hi Wilson,

Sorry, for long reply.
The situation is the following:
I use clear workspace. My colleague provides me with eclipse projects\workspace\zip archive of a IVR applications.
On his side everything is clear and up to date. So they are the projects which are ready to deploy.

As I said I use a clear workspace and still have such problems during import.

Now I have an idea (not proved yet) why it can happen.
When we export submodules in OD they are placed in the "AAOD-7.2.3\eclipse\DialogDesigner\modules" folder.
And seems that during import operation I had a conflict between that "old" exported submodules and a new one definitions, which were in my main application.
So, old exported modules exist independently from a workspace. In other words it does not matter which workspace you use since "old" subflow war files belong to the OD itself.

I cannot prove it since I do not use anymore such way to interchange applications with my colleagues.

But I would like to ask for your opinion about my guess.
What do you think?

Thanks in advance for your opinion!
WilsonYu
You are right. What is in the workspace doesn't matter. The definition is in the Eclipse/DialogDesigner directory. When Eclipse starts, it loads all the definitions and update the flow editor. When you export projects as modules, it gets updated too.
VasilyL
Hi Wilson,

Thanks a lot for a prove!

One more mystery is busted!

Vasily.
Go to:   
Mobile view