ClausSuffel
Hello,

When trying to register a softphone extension with DMCC Java SDK 8.1, RegisterTerminalRequest fails with ServiceNotSupportedException:

2115 [SoftRegistrar] FINER com.avaya.mvap.svcproxy.ServiceProxy - request= session[null] com.avaya.csta.binding.RegisterTerminalRequest@604eef68
2117 [SoftRegistrar] WARNING com.avaya.mvcs.proxy.SDKBackwardCompatibilityImpl - Received an unsupported request
ch.ecma.csta.errors.ServiceNotSupportedException: LoginInfo.setMediaContent() or LoginInfo.setMediaTonesAnnc() is not supported by AEServer 8.0 or older server
at com.avaya.mvcs.proxy.SDKBackwardCompatibilityImpl.downgradeRequestFrom801To711(SDKBackwardCompatibilityImpl.java:148)
at com.avaya.mvcs.proxy.SDKBackwardCompatibilityImpl.downgradeRequest(SDKBackwardCompatibilityImpl.java:72)
at com.avaya.mvcs.proxy.XmlGatewayClient.handleAsynchronousRequest(XmlGatewayClient.java:296)
at com.avaya.mvcs.proxy.Pipeline.handleAsynchronousRequest(Pipeline.java:354)
at com.avaya.mvcs.proxy.ClientProxy.routeAsynchronousRequest(ClientProxy.java:757)
at com.avaya.mvap.svcproxy.ServiceProxy.marshallAsynchronousRequest(ServiceProxy.java:196)
at com.avaya.mvap.svcproxy.AsynchronousServicesProxy.sendRequest(AsynchronousServicesProxy.java:268)
at com.asc.cti.avaya.avayainterface.softphone.SoftphoneExtension.registerSoftphone(SoftphoneExtension.java:661)
at com.asc.cti.avaya.avayainterface.softphone.SoftphoneExtension.register(SoftphoneExtension.java:555)
at com.asc.cti.avaya.avayainterface.controller.softphone.SoftphoneController.startRegisterSoftphone(SoftphoneController.java:725)
at com.asc.cti.avaya.avayainterface.controller.softphone.SoftphoneController.access$8(SoftphoneController.java:695)
at com.asc.cti.avaya.avayainterface.controller.softphone.SoftphoneController$SoftRegistrar.run(SoftphoneController.java:637)

There is no call to LoginInfo.setMediaContent() or LoginInfo.setMediaTonesAnnc() in our code:

LoginInfo login = new LoginInfo();
login.setPassword("testpwd");
login.setSharedControl(Boolean.FALSE);
login.setMediaTonesAnnc(Boolean.FALSE);
login.setDependencyMode(DependencyMode.MAIN);
login.setMediaMode(MediaMode.CLIENT);

RegisterTerminalRequest regRequest = new RegisterTerminalRequest();
regRequest.setDevice(devID);
regRequest.setLoginInfo(login);
regRequest.setLocalMediaInfo(localMediaInfo);

services.getAsynchronousSvcs().sendRequest(regRequest, callBack);

All XML mapping files contained in SDK are all in place and available in Classpath.
AES Server version is 7.0.0.0.2.13.

Seems that RegisterTerminalRequest is already blocked by DMCC SDK.
WireShark trace does not show any transmission of this request to AES.

Regards,
Claus
MartinFlynn
Avaya guarantees backwards compatibility (Newer AE Services with older SDK) but it does not guarantee forwards compatibility (Older AE Services with newer SDK). Nevertheless, in the past, they have made an effort to ensure a reasonable level of forward compatibility. In this case, it looks like they have specifically blocked forward compatibility between SKD 8.1 (and probably 8.0.1) with older versions of AE Services. I am not sure why this is, but I assume there is a reason for it.

I suggest you use an older SDK if you intend developing for AE Services 7.x.

Martin
JohnBiggs
Terminal service s (RegisterTerminal...) appears to be deprecated according to the programmer's guide. Use RegisterDevice Services instead. The message you are referring to is misleading as it does not include all deprecated services.
ClausSuffel
Hi John,

Please can you verify your comment.
Might there be something mixed up?

RegisterDevice was used in TerminalServices, which is deprecated now.
RegisterTerminalRequest is part of RegistrationServices, which should be used instead.

Regards,
Claus
JohnBiggs
You are right Claus, I misinterpreted something I was reading in the programmer's guide.

Can you collect a FINEST DMCC trace from the AE Services server and a parallel trace from the client side and open a technical support request about this question please. Please include release information for the DMCC Java client and the server.

Have you tried the most recent DMCC Java client? The client is backwards compatible with the older (even out of support) servers.
ClausSuffel
Hi John,

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I will open the technical support request and provide the requested traces.

Yes, we are curently testing with the latest available DMCC Java SDK version 8.1.0.0.0.9.
In the past, we've never had any issues while connecting to older AES servers, even with the most current SDK versions.
Quite strange this time.

Am I right that the protocol differences between the used SDK and the connected AES server should be compensated automatically by the provided vXXToYYmapping.xml files?

Regards,
Claus
Go to:   
Mobile view