SimonBrown
Getting a speech timeout error according to session report
SpeechFail	TIMEOUT Language: en-gb

I have Nuance 11 ASR with script on EP 7.2.3
I prompt for a card number (19 digits). I can say the 19 digits but the moment I say the last digit the call disconnects.
I do not get any exception or error showing in the trace log.

The prompt has grammars;
speech grammar for 19 digits
speech grammar for saying "no card"
19 digit dtmf grammar - builtin (which works)

With the simulator this works fine although I appreciate the simulator is somewhat different.

I have the prompt timeout set to 20seconds
I am saying the number < 14seconds

Not sure how to diagnose this, no error in trace, only indication is the session report detail showing the above timeout message.

For the application in AEP manager I have left all speech fields blank except the "speech complete timeout" which is set to 0.

Project was exported with EP, Tomcat9, Nuance 10 and above, grammar caching: none, dtmf compatibility: local SRGS-SISR

Any advise?

Simon

Unless otherwise stated. EP 7.2.0.0.1117 Dev: JVM: 1.8.0_171 OD 7.2.1.0502 tomcat-8.5.23
WilsonYu
Maybe try lengthening the interdigittimeout using the property item in the node.
SimonBrown
Hi Wilson,

Thanks for pointer, I didn't have a properties item and was assuming defaults would suffice.
There is no interdigittimeout for ASR but I set some timings against the ASR properties and now appears to be working.

Thanks again for quick reply, not sure what this forum would do without you :)

As a part time script developer, relatively new to OD again (I did one script 10 years ago!) I found the training course we took woefully inadequate and the eclipse built in OD documentation very matter of fact, lacking examples and real world scenarios.
The sample apps help a little but again they are limited in document quality.

Any pointers to decent material/Samples on OD script design and development appreciated.

Thanks
Simon

Unless otherwise stated. EP 7.2.0.0.1117 Dev: JVM: 1.8.0_171 OD 7.2.1.0502 tomcat-8.5.23
WilsonYu
Hi, thanks for your feedback Simon.
I acknowledge that our documentation and sample apps are often not enough to help with or demonstrate the real world scenario. These were developed by the OD development team given the resource they had. That's why we have the forum here to help answer questions. The OD team is limited to real customer experience, relying much on feedback from the field and product management. It would have been more helpful if this forum content get contribution from other users but so far people just ask questions.
With that said, I don't have much information on other documentation out there. Different people are doing different things with the OD environment.
SimonBrown
Hi Wilson,

It is something the product team should take on board. Since Avaya has come out of its recent chapter 11 we have a number of customers investing again. I currently have 2 active EP script projects in UAT with customers and 2 more projects with potentially large scale self service IVR solutions to deliver.

I find OD both dated and cumbersome to use, certainly feels like it needs some love, it's in demand and still heavily promoted.

I have had the fortune to use other IVR products, most notably Voxeo, which as a developer is far far richer and object based making self service design and delivery so much easier.

The documentation should be worked on, examples should be included. Would probably help if this forum was updated to allow images to be included in posts without having to upload somewhere first.
I would be more inclined to respond on posts I can help with if could add screen shots to aid answer.

Regards
Simon

Go to:   
Mobile view