RajatVerma
Hi,
I am performing few Webservcies operation inside my OD script, generally I keep the timeout of these operation less than 15 seconds so that Read Time out exception can be captured in OD script for custom exception, else its caught over MPP (as defaults timeout is configured as 15 seconds) and AAEP default error message announcement is played.

I have observed a strange behaviour when I am executing 2 APIs in sequential manner with timeout of 10 seconds each, both the web services are executed in different data nodes one after other but no announcements in between. Now if 1st web service gives time out (after 10 seconds), and second API also gives time out (after 10 seconds) then this exception is captured on AAEP (because of default timeout value of 15 seconds) and AAEP error message is announced.

As per my understanding AAEP shouldn't combine both of these 2 webservcies for time out value i.e. if first WS timeout occurs in 10 seconds then for 2nd WS 15 sec time should be given prior to capturing over AAEP.

Note: This I have observed on prod calls and not able to replicate at my end, this behaviour I have observed via analyzing logs captured.
WilsonYu
You need to understand how it works. The voice browser (platform) waits on a 15 second default timeout (aka fetch timeout) for the app server to return. The fact is whenever the app server executes a node such as P/C, Menu or Announce, it returns the vxml to the voice browser. The voice browser process the vxml then waits on the next node to return. When the next node is a Data node, the node is executed but not return to the voice browser but continues to execute the next node. So if you have consecutive Data nodes, the wait time will add up until you hit the next vxml node.
Go to:   
Mobile view