Please login or register to access secure site features.

Note: By continuing to use DevConnect Program Services you agree to our latest Registered Member Terms.

Sign in using DevConnect ID

Forgot password?

Trouble logging in?

Submit a ticket for Registration Support.

I have an SSO ID

?
sign in

Don't have a DevConnect or SSO ID ?

Create a DevConnect account or join the program.

register now
^
Forum Index » Avaya Breeze » Connect to Cluster DB for debugging   XML

quetwo

I have a snap-in that is deployed on our production server. We recently upgraded to Breeze Platform 3.7, and it looks like a version change in the DB driver has caused the snapin's hibernate to get messed up with in regards to the identity column. I've been able to reproduce it on our dev server, but it looks like I'll need access to the database.

When attempting to connect to the cluster database in 3.7, it looks like it is looking for a client certificate. You used to be able to connect to the db via the psql command locally on the server. Is there still a way to connect to the db to run an update command?
dineshud.avaya.com

You can use the below as root user to get into the cluster db

mgmtia -Uhadb -p5433
quetwo

Unfortunately, I am a customer, so I don't have root access.

[cust@edp-main ~]$ mgmtia -Uhadb -p5433
-bash: /usr/bin/mgmtia: Permission denied

dineshud@avaya.com wrote:You can use the below as root user to get into the cluster db

mgmtia -Uhadb -p5433
Amit.Mishra

Hello - Are you still seeing this problem?

Thanks,
Amit,
dineshud.avaya.com

Yes, direct access is supported only for root user and it is not supposed to be allowed for cust account.
quetwo

dineshud@avaya.com wrote:Yes, direct access is supported only for root user and it is not supposed to be allowed for cust account.

That really puts one hand behind the backs of developers. Especially, since it wasn't in the release notes that our access went away to be able to access the database if we needed to.
dineshud.avaya.com

On providing this access to cust account - you may need to raise a GRIP to send the request to the product manager so that it gets addressed.

On the actual issue - can you share the details on the errors the snap-in is facing after the upgrade. Based on the error message will try to ask more details and try to fix the issue
Dalton

is there above mentioned problem if yes can anyone guide me how so that it will help me too

Go to: