ajprokop
I wrote an outbound Snap-In that intercepts a call and adds UUI with call.setContextID(). I want the UUI data to be available to the AES so it can send it in a TSAPI call.

I add it with call.setContextId().

I ran a call through and set the UUI to 502. I watched the SIP messages with traceCE. When the call enters the Breeze server I see no User-to-User header. When it leaves I see this:

User-to-User: 04FA08000200315E7E5E0CC803353032;encoding=hex

If I run that through a Hex to ASCII converter I get a bunch of unprintable characters followed by a 502.

I am not an AES expert, but I do not see the UUI showing up there.

Questions:

Am I adding UUI properly?
How to I interpret the User-to-User header?
Is there something special that I need to do to make sure that my 502 is available for TSAPI?

One more thing. If I remove my snap-in I still see User-to-User in the outgoing INVITE. What is that for?
quetwo
Andrew,

I've been told that the UUI header that is used within Breeze isn't compatible with the UUI that is used within AES/CM. I guess Breeze adds some checksum to the header, which puts it beyond the bounds of what AES/CM wants to see. It was built to be compatible with another product I was pointed to a way to directly manipulate the SIP headers to make it work, but I can't find my notes on it anymore. It's been several years (EDP era).
ajprokop
Thanks!

Can I get someone from Avaya to reply? What do I need to do to get UUI from Breeze to AES? I have a customer waiting to deploy my snap-in and this needs to work.
Amit.Mishra
Hello Andrew,
context ID is part of the UUI and is formed using the specific characters needed for a new call.
Can you please describe the call flow a bit for me to be clear on this?

Thanks,
Amit.
ajprokop
I need to put a specific three digit value into the UUI of a call that will eventually be transferred to a call recording system. The call recording system uses TSAPI to retrieve the UUI for the call.

Unfortunately, that is all I know of what is happening. I need a way to add these three digits. I thought setContextId() was how that occurred, and although I see the value I use put into the SIP user-to-user header, it's not doing what I want it to do. I see my three digits, but I see other stuff, too.

I guess what I need to know is how to use Breeze to attach data to a call that TSAPI will treat as UUI.
Amit.Mishra
Thanks for clarifying Andrew. I will do some research and get back to you on this.
Amit.Mishra
Quick question meanwhile - do you have the CM/AES traces and traceMessage output from Breeze with the User-to-User used in the SIP messages?
If yes, can you please share here?

Thanks,
Amit.
ajprokop
This was in my original message:

User-to-User: 04FA08000200315E7E5E0CC803353032;encoding=hex

I basically did a call.setContextId("502");

There was no user-to-user header coming into Breeze. Only going out.

Do you need additional traces? This is from the customer system and I need to coordinate with them for access and someone to run test calls.
ajprokop
Some more information. I tried add my own User-to-User header, but it gets overwritten by Breeze when the INVITE leaves. I am still not sure what Breeze is sticking in it. So, inbound INVITE has no User-to-User header. Outbound INVITE has User-to-User header, but it's not the one I added.

To ensure that I was adding the header correctly I added my own custom header. My custom header appears in the outgoing INVITE.

Still waiting to hear how to add UUI in Breeze so it's available via TSAPI later on in the call flow. The customer is growing impatient.
quetwo
ajprokop wrote:Some more information. I tried add my own User-to-User header, but it gets overwritten by Breeze when the INVITE leaves. I am still not sure what Breeze is sticking in it. So, inbound INVITE has no User-to-User header. Outbound INVITE has User-to-User header, but it's not the one I added.

To ensure that I was adding the header correctly I added my own custom header. My custom header appears in the outgoing INVITE.

Still waiting to hear how to add UUI in Breeze so it's available via TSAPI later on in the call flow. The customer is growing impatient.

Andrew,

It's kinda kludgey, but if you can get the custom header to be properly formatted AND the customer is on SMGR/ASM 8.0+, you can actually use one of the new adaptations to manipulate the header, replace the UUI header with your custom one. For one of our apps, we did this by bouncing through the SBC (in and an out interface) with a SIGMA script -- but it should be doable within an adaptation now.

-Nick
ajprokop
Thanks, Nick. That's an option and one I may have to take if Avaya doesn't respond with a way to get Breeze added data recognized as UUI by AES and TSAPI. I didn't realize my "simple" snap-in was going to be this difficult. :-(
Amit.Mishra
Andrew, We checked on this and looks UUI should be passed down to AES.

Can you please send me the following logs :
- Breeze logs with ce-report
- Snap-in logs which adds the UUI
- dmcc and tsapi logs

Log locations
/var/log/aes/TSAPI - csta_trace,out g3trace.out
/var/log/DMCC - dmcc-trace.log
/var/log/aes

Attached screenshot on how to get AES logs.

Thanks,
Amit.
  • [Thumb - AESLogs.png]
[Disk] Download
ajprokop
Can we setup a time to talk about this? I can be reached at aprokop@convergeone.com to setup a time to talk.

The problem is that this is the customer's system and I have to go through all sorts of complications to get on it and get someone lined up to make a call.

I really don't think this is a bug. I simply need to understand how to get UUI from Breeze to AES. I would think that Someone at Avaya would know that. As I stated several times, UUI leaves my Breeze server in the INVITE whether I add it or not. If I add UUI, I can see that it does get stuck into User-to-User along with a bunch of unprintable characters. We ran the same debug on the AES when I had the customer on the line and it wasn't seeing anything UUI-wise.

Again, let's talk. This problem is a week old and I need to get it figured out or tell the customer that Breeze is not the way to go.
Amit.Mishra
I will setup a time today for us to talk.

Thanks,
Amit.
ameliapearl28
Setup and Clearing Phase UUI message is embedded in the ISUP call control, The UUI information on the incoming side will be transferred to the outgoing side,the parameters encoding, purpose, and content will be added to the SIP UUI https://www.talktowendys.today/
Go to:   
Mobile view