vincentz
I just install the AAOD 7.2.3, unzip the AAOD_7.2.3_SpeechSampleApplications.zip, then load that project using that workspace. After that when I try to run MyCreditCard application, the console display the "Waiting ASR input", and I sure my microphone was setup properly, but when I try to speak the expire day, it seems like not recognize it. Is it something I missing?
massimo__croci
Hello. Some tips as follows.

On AAOD 7.2.3, after the console displays "Waiting ASR input" you can simulate an ASR input using your microphone or just typing what you want to simulate instead of using the microphone.

See page 433 'Simulating spoken inputs with a microphone for a speech application' and page 434 'Simulating spoken inputs without a microphone for a speech application'; link to both procedures: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/9c0211d0-407a-4a36-9a59-c232693547ac

- Did you try the second procedure without the microphone?

- Did you double-check if Microsoft Speech API 6.0 (SAPI) is installed and configured on your Windows (where AAOD is running on) so ASR/TTS is working fine? Take a look at page 30; link: https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101060619

You must use a grammar in a speech application. The exceptions to this rule are nodes and node items in which you can use built-in DTMF, speech, or text recognition.

- Did you specify any grammar ? See page 259 'Chapter 17: Grammars'; link: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/fileMedia/download/9c0211d0-407a-4a36-9a59-c232693547ac

FYI there's a way to force ASR to accept any speech input in case you don't specify any grammar (a 3rd-party conversational system is needed). Take a look at this thread: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/forums/posts/list/21568.page
vincentz
OK. Here is what I do. Once everything configure, and also Microsoft SAPI speech was installed on my windows 10 machine. Then I unzip the AAOD_7.2.3_SpeechSampleApplications.zip file.

Open eclipse that on AAOD ISO, then click File > Import... > Existing Projects into Workspace, in "Select root directory", I only choose the one that says "MyCreditCard", then click Finish

Project was imported successfully.

Then start the tomcat, in the application simulator, I choose "MyCreditCard" project, then Run Application, waiting console to start, and I hear the phone rings, then nothing happen, (I believe it should said Welcome message and When does your credit card expire", but I didn't hear this two voice...). After that no matter what I say, it seems like nothing happen, and waiting asr input is always green.

The microphone I use it is Yeti desktop microphone, could this be an issue?

And here is the console output

Personal Voice Browser Version 7.2.1.5 Copyright (c) 2004-2018, Avaya
Playing text "Welcome to the Credit Card Validation Line.", Language (en-us), Gender (Female)
Error(0x80045052) loading ASR grammar file (C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\GRAM_STRASR_039F8F582.xml) gram(<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><grammar xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/grammar" mode="voice" root="getExpirationDate" tag-format="semantics/1.0-literals" version="1.0" xml:lang="en-us"> <rule id="getExpirationDate" scope="public"> <ruleref uri="#Column1"/> <ruleref special="GARBAGE"/> <ruleref uri="#Column3"/> </rule> <rule id="Column1" scope="private"> <one-of> <item>january<tag>01</tag> </item> <item>february<tag>02</tag> </item> <item>march<tag>03</tag> </item> <item>april<tag>04</tag> </item> <item>may<tag>05</tag> </item> <item>june<tag>06</tag> </item> <item>july<tag>07</tag> </item> <item>august<tag>08</tag> </item> <item>september<tag>09</tag> </item> <item>october<tag>10</tag> </item> <item>november<tag>11</tag> </item> <item>december<tag>12</tag> </item> </one-of> </rule> <rule id="Column3" scope="private"> <one-of> <item>two thousand<tag>2000</tag> </item> <item>two thousand one<tag>2001</tag> </item> <item>two thousand two<tag>2002</tag> </item> <item>two thousand three<tag>2003</tag> </item> <item>two thousand four<tag>2004</tag> </item> <item>two thousand five<tag>2005</tag> </item> <item>two thousand six<tag>2006</tag> </item> <item>two thousand seven<tag>2007</tag> </item> <item>two thousand eight<tag>2008</tag> </item> <item>two thousand nine<tag>2009</tag> </item> <item>two thousand ten<tag>2010</tag> </item> <item>two thousand eleven<tag>2011</tag> </item> </one-of> </rule></grammar>) SAPIgram(<GRAMMAR LANGID="409"><RULE NAME="getExpirationDate" TOPLEVEL="ACTIVE"><RULEREF NAME="Column1"></RULEREF><WILDCARD/><RULEREF NAME="Column3"></RULEREF></RULE><RULE NAME="Column1" ><LIST><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="01">january</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="02">february</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="03">march</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="04">april</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="05">may</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="06">june</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="07">july</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="08">august</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="09">september</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="10">october</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="11">november</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="12">december</PHRASE></LIST></RULE><RULE NAME="Column3" ><LIST><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="2000">two thousand</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="2001">two thousand one</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="2002">two thousand two</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="2003">two thousand three</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="2004">two thousand four</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="2005">two thousand five</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="2006">two thousand six</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="2007">two thousand seven</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="2008">two thousand eight</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="2009">two thousand nine</PHRASE><PHRASE PROPNAME="tag" PROPID="1" VALSTR="20
Playing text "When does your credit card expire?", Language (en-us), Gender (Female)
Waiting for ASR input
WilsonYu
It seems the microphone is not picking your voice. Have you done some testing in Speech Recognition in Windows Control Panel?
vincentz
OK, I finally figure out...

It turns like my speech recognizer is not working on en-US before. Now I can run the mycreditcard project now. Thank you all.
Go to:   
Mobile view