EdwardBrandow
For handling SMS messages when agents are not available, the standard flow goes into a waiting pattern until an agent becomes available, but is there anyway we can capture additional messages from that same SMS users during that period? For example if they send STOP, how can that same engagement designer instance get that message?

Baiscally I need to send "On Hold" comfort messages to the SMS contact, but need to STOP when they text STOP so they are not annoyed.

When wee received the SMS initial “Hello” message, and no agents are available, so we wait for someone to become available.
What happens to other SMS messages from that same CallerID. In testing I don’t see what happens to them. We do not start another Engagement Designer Instance, and no events are send to this flow.

So what happened to those messages? And how can I capture them? Once the agent is available, they get all the messages at once, so they have been queed for that agent somewhere.

When and agent finally becomes available, I get all 3 messages, so they are queued up somewhere, I just need that Engagement Designer app that is ‘waiting for a matching agent’ to know about them.

Are they (different messages) are stored in the Omnichannel DB.
Is that table exposed and can do a test and once you sent 2 or 3 SMS in case no agent is available and then check the OC DB.

Can I do a “select * from cls.contacts WHERE WorkRequestUUID = ‘abc’ (and abc being the workrequest ID that you will find in the ED flow) when the workflow is created and after you sent all your SMS?

Will it may show up 2 or 3 individual instances for the same Workrequest ID.
AnuragAggarwal
Hi Edward, Engagement Designer/worfklow is not storing those messages, as you are guessing they may be stored somewhere in Oceana. You would have to ask this from Oceana Product management team
Go to:   
Mobile view