Wayne
I use SDK sample App, but onAuthenticationChallenge() gets called repleatedly.
I have set username, password, domain as you can see in the log below.
I have set X. 509 certificate in private store as well.
But, onAuthenticationChallenge() gets called repeated and fails at the end.
AuthenticationMethod is Unknown in the log. How do I set it? I can not find how to set AuthenticationMethod in SDK sample App.
How to set AuthenticationMethod?
How to pass onAuthenticationChallenge()?

Can you help you to get SDK sample App work?

05-28 12:52:13.268 29496-29496/com.avaya.sdksampleapp D/AvayaClientServices: CCallbackManager::ProcessNext(): Invoking ICredentialProvider::OnAuthenticationChallenge()
05-28 12:52:13.269 29496-29496/com.avaya.sdksampleapp I/SDKManager: UserCredentialProvider.onAuthenticationChallenge : Challenge = Challenge {requestid "6", realm "dimax.com.tw", host "123.51.218.13", location "null", username/password accepted, hash accepted, 10 failures}
05-28 12:52:13.269 29496-29496/com.avaya.sdksampleapp I/SDKManager: UserCredentialProvider.onAuthenticationChallenge : userCredential = UsernamePasswordCredential {username: '136', password ******, domain: 'dimax.com.tw', HA1String: '', PortalUserToken: '', AccessToken: '', CredentialExpiry: '0'}
05-28 12:52:13.269 29496-29496/com.avaya.sdksampleapp D/AvayaClientServices: CCredentialChallengeRequest::GetWeakRequester():111
05-28 12:52:13.269 29496-29496/com.avaya.sdksampleapp I/AvayaClientServices: [SECURITY] INFO CCredentialProviderWrapper::OnCredentialRetrieved() this[0x558f239a18] : AuthenticationAttempt { ServiceName: PPM, Address: 123.51.218.13, Username: 136, AuthenticationMethod: Unknown }
ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

Thanks for your query!

Can you please let us know the platform you are using? Also please provide full logs so that we analyze them.
This information will help us to point you to the exact APIs you required.

You can always search for authentication methods in our API documentation. There are authentication methods like 'Basic', 'Digest', 'Negotiate', 'Bearer' etc.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
Wayne
Hi,

I use Android SDK sample app.

For the authentication methods, I cannot find the documentation. Would you please give me the link?

The attachment is the full log. Please have a look.

Thank you in advanced
Filename OurLog.txt [Disk] Download
ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

Thanks for the details!

onAuthenticationChallenge() method is called to authenticate a challenge and provide a response back to the requester.
The challenge contains information about the credentials needed and the number of previous failures (if any). When credentials are available that can satisfy the challenge, the credentialCompletionHandler should be invoked.

App need to use credentialCompletionHandler to return the credential. Please see: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/android/communication/api_refs/com/avaya/clientservices/credentials/CredentialCompletionHandler.html

So basically you need to use onCredentialProvided(UserCredential userCredential). Call this to return a UserCredential object in response to a Challenge.

You can see details of authorization methods at: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/programming_docs/current/android/communication/api_refs/index.html

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
Wayne
After I've tried to modify onAuthenticationChallenge, now it shows another error. I still cannot have authentication succeeded.
I attach my log and my SDKManager.
SDKManager is the one from Android SDK sample code with my modification.
Please would you tell me how to pass the authentication?
Filename sdkmanager.log [Disk] Download
ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

We have analyzed your previous logs (OurLog.txt).
In those logs, we can see that OnAuthenticationChallange() is getting called properly for all the services. Looks like password is blank hence credentials were not accepted.

[i]05-28 12:52:10.850 29496-29496/com.avaya.sdksampleapp I/SDKManager: UserCredentialProvider.onAuthenticationChallenge : Challenge = Challenge {requestid "6", realm "dimax.com.tw", host "123.51.218.13", location "null", username/password accepted, hash accepted, 1 failure}

05-28 12:52:10.850 29496-29496/com.avaya.sdksampleapp I/SDKManager: UserCredentialProvider.onAuthenticationChallenge : password =
05-28 12:52:10.850 29496-29496/com.avaya.sdksampleapp I/SDKManager: UserCredentialProvider.onAuthenticationChallenge : userCredential = UsernamePasswordCredential {username: '136', password ******, domain: 'dimax.com.tw', HA1String: '', PortalUserToken: '', AccessToken: '', CredentialExpiry: '0'}[/i]

New logs do not contain OnAuthenticationChallange() and looks like failing for PPM service. Looks like logs are not full so not able to judge why it is failing.

Can you please check what all changes you did between these two versions? Pervious version working fine except password was not provided to Client SDK.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team

Wayne
Hi,

Now I got this error when I try to make an audio call. How do I fix it?
I attach my log, please take a look.

Thank you

E/AvayaClientServices: Call[2]: CSDPAudioHandler::SetLocalCapabilities(): There is no codec match between local and remote caps. Unable to proceed with call setup
Call[2]: CSDPOfferAnswerManager::SetLocalCapabilities(): Unable to initialize audio connection
Filename avaya.log [Disk] Download
ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

Looks like local capabilities like codec set etc are not set properly.
Please set codec set and try.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
Wayne
Hi,

Is it to set codec by Android API or by Avaya SDK? Would you explain a little more? Because I have no idea how to set a codec.

Thank you
Wayne
Go to:   
Mobile view