lawrencereeve
In Avaya One-X Agent, if I initiate a conference call, I'm able to drop a participant from the call.

Is this capability available in Avaya Workspaces for Elite? If so, what needs to be done to enable it.
JohnBiggs
I presume you are talking about 'drop last [added participant]' from a conference controller. Assuming that is the case, I am looking into your question. The documentation doesn't talk about it, so the expectation may be that the functionality on the desk phone or soft phone is used if drop last is needed. From my experience relatively few people understand when to use it.
lawrencereeve
Thank you -- and yes, I'm referring to the feature described on page 62, #4, bullet 1 in the document below:

https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/100069898
JohnBiggs
yea, 'drop last' in my nomenclature. I can not find mention of it in the customer documentation for IX Workspaces. I have reached out to others but it may take a number of layers/days to get to an answer .... It is relatively lightly used functionality in the big scheme of things, but I do understand the feature's value. The expectation may be that you use the control plane of the soft phone or desk phone to access that capability. Idon't initially see a way to access it through the IX Workspaces UI, nor is there anything in control manager that looks like a means to enable it. Perhaps it is just a' we have 100 requirements and time to implement 80 of them in our first release' type of thing, but I don't know. Like I said, I have reached out to others, I will see what I get back. Give me a couple of days, most of the people who would know are already done for the week at this point in time.
lawrencereeve
Thanks John, just one clarification: I'm referring to Avaya Workspaces for Elite or Avaya Workspaces for Oceana -- not IX Workplace
JohnBiggs
understood... would have never been my choice of names... particularly since Avaya Spaces is yet another dissimilar product. If I said IX Workplace I did not mean to.
JohnBiggs
At the present time drop-last is not supported through IX Workspaces UI (Release 3.7.0). It is something that the product team is aware of as a deficiency. I do not have a ETA for it being supported. You can utilize controls on the desk/softphone to initiate drop-last, but there are some known issues cleaning up the contacts on the IX Workspaces UI in some call scenarios that are being investigated at the present time.
Go to:   
Mobile view