ViktorThierbach
Hi,

I'm having the issue that I loose all audio data when a network problem occures.
On getting the RegistartionFailed event I try reconnecting to the server and this works as long as I don't have a call while the disconnect happens. After reconnecting I get the callservice event "CallCreated" and everything looks fine, except that I can't talk to to or hear the other person on the line.

Everything is fine when I drop the call and create a new one. Is there something I can do to restore the audio after the reconnect?
Pallavi_M
Hi,

Thanks for your query!

Can you please provide following info ?

1) Can you please elaborate more on "I loose all audio data when a network problem occures"

Are you saying call gets dropped or only audio data like audio statistics is not available ?

When registration failure occurs, call will be in media preserved mode i.e. call will continue but mid call operations like hold/transfer etc will not possible.

2) Can you please elaborate more on "On getting the RegistartionFailed event I try reconnecting to the server "

Are you using App on desktop or mobile client?

Is registration failure happening because of switching networks e.g. from wifi to 4G etc ?

3) Are you connected to AURA or IPOFFICE ?

4) Can you please enable loglevel to "Debug" and provide logs ?

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
ViktorThierbach
Hi,

thanks for the help.

1)When the registration failure occurs the current call is getting closed (I get the CallRemoved Event), then after the reconnect I get this call again with the CallCreated event. But now I can't hear or talk to the other person.
I also can't end the the call by using the sdk (tried the call.end() command), but the station I called can end it and the sdk will notice it.
(Btw. I noticed today that this call is getting closed automatically after about 1 min)

2)I am working on a desktop client (using the ix sdk) which is connecting to AURA. To test this network issue i just unplugged the cable for a few seconds.

The requested log is attached

Filename SipLog.txt [Disk] Download
Pallavi_M
Thanks for traces.

From traces, I am seeing that when connection resumed, there was socket error

SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: Event loop Poll(2219) processing CONNECT on socket 9952

SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: Socket (9952) has an error: SOCKET: Der Host war bei einem Socketvorgang nicht erreichbar. (10065)

SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: Socket (9952): Reporting connection error

Because of this socket error, registration couldn't succeed and call was ended.

This socket error is OS level error.

Can you please try to debug cause of socket error ?

Are you connected over LAN/WIFI ?

ViktorThierbach
So, what i don't understand here is why the registration couldn't succeed.
Because it seems to be fine. Every other new call incomming or outgoing call is fine an can be handled.
Just the one call that was active while the disconned happened seems to be in an invalid state.

Currently it would be enough for me if there was a way to just end this call and call the customer again by creating a new call. But it doesn't react to any command.
Pallavi_M
The issue seems to be socket error which is not causing registration to succeed.

SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: Socket (9952) has an error: SOCKET: Der Host war bei einem Socketvorgang nicht erreichbar. (10065)

SDK LOG - Level: Debug - Tag: - Message: Socket (9952): Reporting connection error

As you are using desktop application, can you please clarify if you were connected over wifi/Ethernet ?

Thanks
ViktorThierbach
Yes i am using a desktop application and i am connected via Ethernet
Pallavi_M
Hi,

Can you please provide following info ?

1) I see two addresses from logs

192.168.123.173 interface to local addresses list: Adapter name: {D243E9C5-0703-449A-93FF-7816EE7D89D0}, Friendly name: Ethernet

192.168.120.33) interface to local addresses list: Adapter name: {9E21DEE9-1CB7-4AEE-9F64-383A6EC4C064}, Friendly name: vEthernet (Default Switch)

Is your App running on physical or virtual machine ?

2) Also if you try disconnecting and connecting again , can you check if your SM is reachable which is 192.168.120.16 ?

3) It seems you are using CSDK 316 . There were few changes related to networking modules in latest CSDK releases.
Can you please check with 4.5 CSDK release ?

Thanks
Pallavi_M
Hi,

Please let me know if you need any further assistance for this issue.

Thanks
Pallavi
Go to:   
Mobile view