DanielStingl
Hi there,

I have a questions about authentication with the JavaScript IX Client SDK.

I found two credentialproviders on the documentation: a provider for username and password and a provider for token authentication.

So we have an existing web application which we want to extend with the JS SDK.
The web application currently authenticates the user with integrated windows authentication (Negotiate, NTLM via Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)) to avoid the user to type username and password.

Is there a way to authenticate a user without typing username and password like the integrated windows authentication in the JS IX Client SDK?

Can the token authentication be used as a workaround? So I think I have to implement a custom OAuth provider and use is in AAWG and AADS, right? But I didn't find an implementation guide, architecture overview or something else.

Please can you provide me infos about that?

Thanks
Daniel
IldenWebber
Hi Daniel,

Did you ever get an answer on this issue? I am facing a similar problem, we have a client-facing web frontend that needs to be logged in automatically, we don't have the username and the password available that the frontend will have to use.

If anybody else has any suggestions or solutions here, it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ilden
DanielStingl
Hi,

no, I didn't get an answer to this. As I wrote, there is a token provider which can be used with OAuth or Breeze Authorization Service.
But until now I haven't found a way to automatically authenticate via windows authentication.

Daniel
IldenWebber
Thanks for the reply, will have to look into that then instead.
Go to:   
Mobile view