hczhao
Hi Expert,

I find ACDAdresss.getLoggedOnAgents can agents state that agents logged in the skill.
Agent[0] Ag_50020_40020_49001 (READY)
Agent[1] Ag_50022_40022_49001 (READY)
Agent[2] Ag_50023_40023_49001 (READY)
Agent[3] Ag_50004_40004_49001 (READY)
Agent[4] Ag_50098_40098_49001 (READY)

Is there any limitation to get agent state via this method. can I get agents if there is more than 1000 agents.
Dose it response immediately? I can't test in my lab.
MartinFlynn
JTAPI is a Java wrapper for the TSAPI API. ACDAdresss.getLoggedOnAgents will cause the JTAPI client to make several API calls. More agents will mean more API calls. The JTAPI client will then return the data to the application.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no limit to the number of agents this can handle but, for a large number of agents, it will take some time to complete - at least several seconds.

Martin
hczhao
Hi Martin,

Dose it mean that JTAPI will calling getstate for per agent state internally. I find TSAPI only return station list(no state).

as I know that don't recommended to get agents states frequently, it will impact AES performance. am I correct?
MartinFlynn
JTAPI does generate quite a lot of requests to AE Services. IIRC, it does perform getState for each agent. If you enable the JTAPI logging, you can see exactly what it does.

Yes, there is a limit to the number of ASAI messages that AE Services/CM will handle per second. This limit is described in the AES Overview document. For larger installations, you will need to make sure that the application does not overload this.

In general, you can assume that one TSAPI request/response will generate one ASAI Request/Response and one ASAI Event will equate to one TSAPI Event. Unfortunately, it is map TSAPI messages to JTAPI messages as one TSAPI event can generate several JTAPI events and may cause JTAPI to make one or more TSAPI requests. In this case, one JTAPI request can generate a lot of TSAPI requests.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view