mantadt
I have a use-case where I need to set call forwarding based on a agent to substitute agent mapping on a CRM web application. As and when this mapping changes on the CRM, I need to set call forwarding based on the new mapping of substitute agent. The CRM already has a web-based javascript client that integrates with the DMCC .NET SDK (a windows service) to register device, make call and other 3rd party call control functions. I only need to add the "set call forwarding" capability. I am exploring the use of SetForwarding DMCC 3PCC API to set call forwarding for the busy and no-answer states. Is this achievable? I referred to documentation on Avaya that said only "ImmediateForwarding" is supported via "SetForwarding" DMCC API. Does this mean that forwarding only when agent is busy or doesn't answer is not possible via this API? If yes, are there any other ways of achieving this via DMCC APIs?

Any help in this regard is deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance...
MartinFlynn
IIRC setForwarding only affects immediate forwarding.

For any dynamic configuration which can be achieved using a Feature Access Code, the application can simply call the FAC and necessary digits. There are three basic methods possible, depending on whether you need to use First party or Third Party (Call Control) functions:

First Party:
1. Go off-hook
2. press buttons for FAC etc.
3. Go on-hook

Alternative First Party:
Have a CFWD_BSYDA button configured on the station
1. Press the CFWD_BSYDA button
2. Dial the necessary digits
3. Go on-hook

Third Party:
1. makeCall() to FAC+digits

Martin
MartinFlynn
Just to clarify, forwarding is from the agent's phone. So a call would go from VDN -> vector -> skill -> agent ID -> phone -> forwarded to other agent/agent's phone.

If the agent logs out of his phone but the phone remains registered, any calls to the phone would still be forwarded to the other agent/phone. In this case, the application would probably need to remove the forward when the agent logs out.

Martin
Go to:   
Mobile view