Khush
Can I use DMCC .NET SDK and connect to the AES in following:
1. DMCC .net client -> Proxy Server (port 4721 / 4722) -> AES(port 4721/4722)

If not how can I connect to AES through DMCC .net SDK over internet ?
MartinFlynn
In theory, I don't think there is anything to stop you doing that. However, you may find it difficult to handle media as the IP addresses of the Media Server/Gateway and the application will also need to be proxied somehow.

In practice, I do not think DMCC is intended to be used over the public internet. Normally, applications would be in the same private network as AE Services or connected via VPN.

If you want something like a homeworker softphone, I think you should look into using a SIP phone connected via a Session Border Controller.

Martin
JohnBiggs
To add to Martin's response, if you want to build your own phone (or some derivative there of) you can look at the Client SDK which would allow that for a SIP endpoint and support connectivity through the ASBC-E. See the information on this page related to the Client SDK

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_client_sdk/overview/index.gsp
Khush
Thanks Martin and John.
Khush
If I am not using the media but just the third party controller to make call, hanup etc and monitor the events and responses and get agent states. I should be able to do it connection AES via proxy server or the ports AES expects right?
MartinFlynn
I don't see why that would not work. Though I think there may be more solutions.

Martin
Khush
One is to try client sdk, what are the other solutions I can try?
JohnBiggs
Given you indicate you do not needto leverage RTP media in your application, I would setup the firewall to pass through DMCC port, and then use the DMCC Dashboard testing tool (embedded in the .NET version of the SDK) to test that the functionality you need in your application works through the firewall. I agree with Martin, I don't see a reason it will not work, as long as you are not working with the media portion of the SDK. If you try to work with media, I foresee nothing but problems for your application.
Go to:   
Mobile view