Ahmadqadri
Hello,

We have an IVR application that sends/receive uui data with a custom made softphone application using AES. The softphone itself is developed using dmcc .net sdk. The softphone consumes the TSAPI Licenses.

For some conference calls the UUI DATA is missing. Checking the logs revealed that the UUI is present in the IVR logs (obviously). Its also present in the AES connector logs but the UUI data is not present in the AES TSAPI logs.

In the softphone logs the data is also absent but since its a custom application, its logs are less significant.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S: This UUI data is sent on the conference_Disconnect Event received on IVR.
JohnBiggs
My first guess is it may have to do with which way the merge occurred when the two calls were conferenced. Particularly since you are providing UUI late in the call flow. I would pay close attention to the resulting call identifier in working and non working scenarios and factor in which 'direction' the merge of the two calls occurred. If I am right there is not much you can do about it other than ensure both calls reached a stable talking state. An alternative is to store your UUI data in a database and use UCID to retrieve it.

While this FAQ does not touch on UUI, I think the behavior may be applicable

https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/products_resources/avaya_aura_application_enablement_services/support/faq/index.gsp#1260

Ahmadqadri
with which way the merge occurred when the two calls were conferenced

The conference call is initiated by the agent using simple conferencing method (not single step) but this procedure is carried out in a way that the initiator does not have to perform two steps to initiate the conference (pragmatically performing the confirm conference task)

The UUI is set on the IVR side using the task shown in the image.
Conference is ended form IVR side and just before the call disconnects, UUI data is set.
On the softphone side, the connection_cleared event is invoked and UUI is present in that event but for some reason its not in few cases.

• [Thumb - IVR  SET UUI AND DISCONNECT .jpeg]
[Disk] Download
JohnBiggs
I didn't say the application had control over the behavior, I encouraged you to see if the difference in UUI availability was related to which callID the merge went into (which callID remained and which was cleared).
Ahmadqadri
ohkay, will check
JohnBiggs
One other thought based on thisstatement "Conference is ended form IVR side and just before the call disconnects, UUI data is set." Can you insert some delay (a few seconds) between sending UUI and disconnecting the IVR call leg to see if it makes a difference? I am wondering if there is some race condition type behavior interfering with reliable delivery of UUI.
Go to:   
Mobile view