ayaroshchuk
Hello. We consider purchasing TSAPI SDK. Is it possible to find out what is included into the package, i.e. what documentation, what libraries/header files, sample code, any additional tools (beyond what comes with the TSAPI Client) etc.? That would help to justify the cost to the management.

Thank you,
Andrey

P.S. Sorry for posting this in JTAPI forum, I could not find one for TSAPI...
MartinFlynn

The TSAPI SDK includes:
o TSAPI header files
o TSAPI lib files ( though these may also be in the client)
o 4 simple sample applications
o The TSAPI Exerciser. This allows you to make requests and receive events without needing to write code.

The Programmers Reference is available for free on the Devconnect website.

It's also worth noting that there is a DMCC .Net SDK available for free which will allow you to perform all the same functions as TSAPI but in a .Net environment, if that is any use to you. There is also a DMCC XML SDK which can be used in any environment (it is mainly a large number of XSD files).

Martin
ayaroshchuk
Thank you!
ayaroshchuk
It looks to me that Avaya considers DMCC SDKs to be its main (or flagship) tool to build AES enables applications? They seem to cover all bases in DMCC and offer .NET, Java and XML versions of it. For free.

What's the catch? Are there any obscure limitations or missing functionality that would make TSAPI (or JTAPI) SDK better?
UmeshC
As per my understanding, DMCC is better if you want to build station/phone which will also handle media.

But if you want to make 3PCC application then JTAPI/TSAPI will be better option.

Say you want to monitor/control agent login activity & call activity on 96XX phone then JTAPI is sufficient. Using JTAPI API you can initiate call from 96XX phone using JTAPI and all other telephone features.

Regards,
Umesh
MartinFlynn
There is no catch. As of version 6.x, DMCC provides all the functionality of TSAPI (as well as media and device features).
There may be a small number of features missing but they so obscure that I cannot even think what they might be.

Martin
ayaroshchuk
Thanks!
Go to:   
Mobile view