dcrook
Hi,

I've been integrating the named pipe api into our application and i've hit a wall when it comes to DTMF calls. I'm able to use register, unregister, createcall, getcalls and hangup without issue. DTMFRequest causes Workspace to crash.

I send a request: {"vnd.avaya.clientresources.call.DTMFRequest.v1.1": {"dtmfstring":"0", "callId" : "1", "transactionId" : "1234" }}\0

The exception log gets the following:
2020-09-24 18:19:23.670 E An unhandled Exception has occurred
Exception: Avaya.UCC.Utils.NativeException: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access

I've tried it on v3.9 and the new 3.11. The call is active and I can manually send dtmf tones by using the interface.

Is there something I'm missing?

ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

Thanks for your query!

Can you please provide the following information so that we can help you in a better way?
1. Which platform you are using?
2. Are you using Client SDK / JS SDK?

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
dcrook
Hi

I'm running Win10 Pro, using .net to interface with the Avaya IX Workplace 3.11 named pipe api. We have Avaya IPO R11.0.4.3.

Regards

PeteT
Hi
I am having a similar problem.

I can connect, register and call but when i try to send the dtmf tones, i get nothing.

Have you managed to get a streamreader working without the pipe closing? As soon as i read data back from the pipe (which i need to get the callId), the pipe closes. I have been working around this by restarting ix workplace, every time you restart the application the callid is 1.

If you have managed to get the streamreader working? if you have would you mind sharing your code?
I am running windows 10 pro, ix workplace 3.7

Thank you
ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

As per my assumption, your application is using External App API for call control, right?

Can you please share crash report/exception details along with Debug logs so that we can investigate further?

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
ware16.avaya.com
@dcrook,

Received logs, Thanks!

From the exceptions list, I can not see any exception at (2020-10-01 09:55:28) where I can see a crash dump is generated (UCC-2020-10-01 09-55-28-94f50000.dmp)

Exceptions:
2020-09-30 14:04:09.788 E An unhandled Exception has occurred
Exception: Avaya.UCC.Utils.NativeException: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access
2020-09-30 15:34:55.705 E An unhandled Exception has occurred
2020-09-30 15:45:32.734 E An unhandled Exception has occurred
2020-09-30 17:08:37.173 E An unhandled Exception has occurred
2020-09-30 17:10:52.899 E An unhandled Exception has occurred
2020-09-30 17:15:13.702 E An unhandled Exception has occurred
2020-09-30 17:20:28.157 E An unhandled Exception has occurred

I need to decode the crash and check what is the problem which may take time due to other priority issues.

Is it possible for you to mail me (ware16@avaya.com) so that I can communicate to you directly whenever some info required from you?

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
dcrook
Hi DevTeam

Thanks for your reply.

Yep, its the External App API for call control. I've PM'd you the crash log from Workplace. My app doesn't receive a response from Workplace before it crashes. The logs show it getting the request and then breaking some time after validating the call id.

Regards
dcrook
Sorry, i think the exception log doesn't populate until you reopen the program. Here is the entry that was generated for that crash.

2020-10-01 09:55:29.546 E An unhandled Exception has occurred

Regards
ware16.avaya.com
Hi Doug,

We are able to decode the crash and found the crash stack. We have already raised a ticket to handle the issue.

We are yet to analyze the crash and root cause. It may take some time so please stay connected. We will update you the status.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
ware16.avaya.com
Thank you for your patience !!

We have found the root cause of the issue. We are working on the solution.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
ware16.avaya.com
Hi,

Crash while sending DTMF when using pipes is resolved now and fix will be available in 3.15 release.

Thanks,
Avaya DevConnect Team
dcrook
That's great! Thanks Dev Team

dcrook
Hi DevTeam

I've installed the latest and can confirm DTMF is working. There is still an issue with the app crashing if you send it a bad callId though. The crash happens with the same 'The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access'. Bad being null or a callid that is no longer in session.

Not the end of the world but it replying on the pipe with the error message would be preferable.

Thanks
Go to:   
Mobile view