Rasheed
Hello ,

Sorry to post here a query regarding IP Office TAPI , as i couldnt find another forum regarding the same. we have a 3rd party call monitoring application developed for monitoring the calls on Avaya IP Office 500V2 using TAPI2. In our deployment , the calls will be landing on a hunt group 200 and all the phones in the hunt group will be ringing . Our application is monitoring all 20 phones in this hunt group . It was noticed that after running for some time , the application will stop giving any TAPI events after it gives one result that the linedeallocate failed: operation failed error. i have also noticed that Windows Telephony service is getting stopped at this time itself. Please find the attached TAPI logs for your reference. As given in the logs , the issue start at 18:49:42 with an error : Findline - Invalid HDRVLINE ANy help or suggestions to resolve this issue will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Abdul Rasheed
Filename tapilog.txt [Disk] Download
JohnBiggs
Abdul Rasheed,
IP Office developer support is provided to support enabled and higher level members in the DevConnect Program through our ticketing system. Information about membership levels and the application process is available at this URL: https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/program_benefits/membership_overview/index.gsp#tabs-1

Since you mention that the application was developed by a third party (unclear if that is you or a different company), I would first start by contacting them and inquiring about support for their application, whether there are upgrades for it. You don't mention the third party product, or what release of IP Office you are on, nor what version of TAPI drivers you are using, nor if you have checked for updated TAPI drivers (make sure they are compatible with your IP Office version before attempting to use them).

My immediate guess is there is a memory leak somewhere, but as I indicated developer support requires a support enabled or higher level of membership.
Rasheed
Hi John ,

I meant to say , we are using Third party call control mode while installing the TAPI2 Client application. we downloaded the latest TAPI client TAPI2 release 1.0.0.44 from this devconnect portal. Our IP office is version 10 . Our application is just a test application developed in C++ as a small prototype to monitor the IP office extensions.

Thanks
Abdul Rasheed
JohnBiggs
In order to get support for IP Office TAPI related development, please consider a support enabled DevConnect membership. That would entitle you to get access to someone who would review your logs and attempt an equivalent test in our labs to try to isolate the source of the issue you face. The URL to review memberships is:
https://www.devconnectprogram.com/site/global/program_benefits/membership_overview/index.gsp#tabs-1

There is a button on that page to initiate a membership 'upgrade' in the program.

I can confirm that TAPI release 1.0.0.44 is compliant with IPO Release 10.
Rasheed
Hello John ,

The issue is resolved . i had to install IP office TAPI version 1.0.0.43 for connecting to Avaya IP office version 10. After this , the application looks very stable and no further issues were noticed. with 1.0.0.43 , i have also enabled debug logs from windows registry , i disabled these logs as well to make it run properly. I am posting here the solution to this issue , so that it might help some one who come across the same problem.

Thanks
Abdul Rasheed
JohnBiggs
Thank you for letting the larger community know.
PearlAdkins
Many thanks for that complete information! Awesome content Walgreens Survey
Go to:   
Mobile view