ariellarraburu.gmail.com
hi, i have two simple questions.

1. Is it possible to obtain with dmcc all the extensions of a list of skills?

2. with a single session can I listen to the events (mainly I need the CallerID) of all the extensions that I got from point 1?

Thank.
JohnBiggs
1) not directly, but ultimately yes*. If you have skill number you can use the system management web service to query and get the list of agents and their skills and then prune that to the agents you are interested in. Then you can do another query and get the hunt group extensions that correspond to those skills. Then you can setup a monitor on each skill to get logged-in/out events, and another query to get all logged in agents in each skill. Then you will need to establish device (station) monitors on the extension that the agent used to login from and you will be in business

2) yes you can do it in a single DMCC session.

(*) I assume by all extensions, you are interested in the extensions of the agents-IDs with those skills and the station extensions they are using to login from, and then perhaps their logged in status. You can not find out all extensions in the system this way. For that I suggest using the System Management Web Service or SMGR user management web service.
ariellarraburu.gmail.com
JohnBiggs wrote:1) not directly, but ultimately yes*. If you have skill number you can use the system management web service to query and get the list of agents and their skills and then prune that to the agents you are interested in. Then you can do another query and get the hunt group extensions that correspond to those skills. Then you can setup a monitor on each skill to get logged-in/out events, and another query to get all logged in agents in each skill. Then you will need to establish device (station) monitors on the extension that the agent used to login from and you will be in business

2) yes you can do it in a single DMCC session.

(*) I assume by all extensions, you are interested in the extensions of the agents-IDs with those skills and the station extensions they are using to login from, and then perhaps their logged in status. You can not find out all extensions in the system this way. For that I suggest using the System Management Web Service or SMGR user management web service.

Yes, I need to monitor the extensions where the agents that belong to certain skills are logged in.

I am talking about hundreds of extensions. Are you sure I can monitor all of them with a single session? I seemed to understand that it could only monitor up to 10 extensions at the same time.
JohnBiggs
I don't know where you might have read that. A single session can handle 8,000 deviceIDs on a 'large' deployment of the AE Services product.
JohnBiggs
You can also skip using SMS, and just monitor the agents that login. You don't really need to be monitoring agents that are not logged in.
ariellarraburu.gmail.com
JohnBiggs wrote:I don't know where you might have read that. A single session can handle 8,000 deviceIDs on a 'large' deployment of the AE Services product.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood.

AES8.1DeviceMediaandCallControlAPI.NETProgrammersGuide.pdf Page20

Get New Device:
Creates a new Device object and returns a
reference to it.
As of Release 8.0.1 you can specify the Device
Instance (0, 1, 2, …, 9) when getting a new
Device. This will allow you to get up to ten
devices for a particular station on a single AE
Services. Before Release 5.2 you would need
three separate AE Services servers to do this.
Requesting the Device Instance is optional so
your existing application will work the same if
you do not need or desire this capability.

Once the list of extensions is obtained, how do I monitor each one of them?

Can I make as many calls as I want to .getThirdPartyCallController.StartMonitor (...) without needing to do GetNewDevice and GetDeviceID?
JohnBiggs
key words "for a particular station " That statement is trying to convey that an application can have up to 10 applications instances watching/manipulating a single station extension. This is typically needed by HA call recording solutions or cases where multiple distinct applications need to monitor or manipulate a the same extension (e.g. screen pop, and call recording on the same station).

"Once the list of extensions is obtained, how do I monitor each one of them?" using StartMonitor and setting up a Listner. Please review the sample applications and tutorials for the API for details.

"Can I make as many calls as I want to .getThirdPartyCallController.StartMonitor (...) without needing to do GetNewDevice and GetDeviceID?" no you will need to get a unique device ID for each extension you want to monitor. They need to be distinct DeviceIDs.
ariellarraburu.gmail.com
JohnBiggs wrote:key words "for a particular station " That statement is trying to convey that an application can have up to 10 applications instances watching/manipulating a single station extension. This is typically needed by HA call recording solutions or cases where multiple distinct applications need to monitor or manipulate a the same extension (e.g. screen pop, and call recording on the same station).

"Once the list of extensions is obtained, how do I monitor each one of them?" using StartMonitor and setting up a Listner. Please review the sample applications and tutorials for the API for details.

"Can I make as many calls as I want to .getThirdPartyCallController.StartMonitor (...) without needing to do GetNewDevice and GetDeviceID?" no you will need to get a unique device ID for each extension you want to monitor. They need to be distinct DeviceIDs.

I understand, but once I get the id for each of the extensions, I don't need to keep an instance of "Device". That is, I would invoke GetNewDevice and GetDeviceID for each extension, but I don't need to maintain an instance for each device returned by GetNewDevice. Is that so?
JohnBiggs
I would keep every deviceID I created, and when the monitor was no longer needed, I would remove the monitor and corresponding deviceID.
Go to:   
Mobile view